- Learn the history of Venice's most visited site, St. Mark's Basilica, with an audioguide
- Tour the basilica and see the Byzantine art, mosaics, and an impressive bejeweled alter
- Opt for an additional audio guide of St Mark Square
Plug into your fact-packed audioguide for a journey through the most visited site in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica. Explore the Byzantine art, get the facts on this 9th-century masterpiece, and continue the history trip with an optional audioguide for St Mark Square.
Entrance to the basilica is free, but the way to make it really worthwhile is to savor the fascinating history with a fact-filled audio guide!
Built in the 9th century to bury the corpse of St Mark, it's packed with Byzantine art and biblical symbolism, and once inside, you'll learn about it all!
See the intricate designs, the Byzantine domes decked in gold, the impressive ground mosaics and the Pala d’Oro golden altar, dazzling visitors daily with over 2,000 precious stones.
Want more? Opt for the St Mark's Square audioguide and you'll also get a fun tour of the square to keep you busy. It's the best stuff you'll see (and hear) in Venice!
- Entrance to the Basilica (free)
- St. Mark's Basilica audio guide
- St. Mark's Square audio guide (if selected)
- Entrance to St. Mark’s Museum, the Golden Pall and the Treasury of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Access to the Bell Tower
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Welcome Desk in the Atrium at the entrance of St. Mark's Basilica to receive your audio guide
- Make sure to arrive on time, as the venue often gets busy. Check the opening hours before you head there
- Important: you must leave a valid ID as a deposit in order to borrow the audio guide. Photocopies and student IDs will not be accepted!
- The audio guide desk closes Mon-Sat at 16:30, Sun at 16:15. Last entrance to the Basilica is 15 minutes before closing
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.