- Get access to usually off-limits areas of the Doge's palace in Venice, and explore the secret chambers and hidden corridors with an expert guide
- Climb into the dark attic prison cells where Giacomo Casanova was held and ultimately made his famously daring escape
- Head through a secret door to admire some of the finest works of Venice's Renaissance artists such as Veronese, Titian, Tintoretto, and Palladio
Explore the clandestine world of the old Venetian Republic with a tour behind the curtain of the Doge's Palace. Join a friendly guide, waltz past the long lines outside, and tiptoe through the hidden corridors and secret rooms usually off-limits to tourists. Hear real stories of deception, political subterfuge, and cruelty worthy of a Shakespearean tragedy, and browse some of Venice's most stunning Renaissance masterpieces in magnificent council chambers.
Hear your footsteps pitter-patter through narrow hidden passages as you venture behind the scenes of the Doge's palace and into its concealed world of political intrigue and dark secrets.
Clamber into cramped attic prison cells, and hear the true story of Casanova's famous escape. Visit the secret archive room and learn about the elaborate system that kept clerks from learning the secrets of the Republic.
Shuffle into the stomach-churning torture chamber, and learn all about the inventive interrogation methods the Doge's secret police used to extract information and squeals from suspected enemies.
Head through the secret access door to the council room that's ingeniously disguised as a wardrobe, and marvel at the best of Venice's Renaissance artworks from masters such as Veronese, Titian, Tintoretto, Palladio, and others.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point, at the foot of Ponte della Paglia, just in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon
- The City Wonders coordinator will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour, as the tour starts on time
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Please note that many sections of the Doge's Palace are not air-conditioned
Doge's Palace & Gondola Ride: Skip The Line
Toast the golden age of Venice with a gondola ride and a tour of the palaces