Tickets for Château d’Azay-le-Rideau
Explore a one-of-a-kind French Renaissance-style castle on a river island
- Feel like royalty at one of the earliest Loire castles to be built in the French Renaissance style
- Explore the opulent rooms, intricate ceiling decorations and more in your own time
- Stroll around the sunny English-style gardens that surround the Château and take some great photos
The Château d’Azay-le-Rideau is an innovative blend of 16th-century building styles in the beautiful Loire Valley. Surrounded by 8 hectares of English-style gardens, this French Renaissance castle is as beautiful as it is storied.
Sitting pretty on its own island in the Indre River, this historic Château has been here since the reign of Francis I. Constructed between 1518 and 1527, it's just gone through a major restoration to restore the slate roofing and early 16th-century framework.
All scrubbed up, it shows off its fresh face and historic trappings. Check out the lavishly furnished rooms, the intricately decorated staircase within the castle walls, and the amazing ceiling decorations.
And on the outside, the 19th-century English-style gardens are the perfect place to walk and wait for a bluebird to land on your shoulder.
Go to the dedicated entrance and show your smartphone ticket.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- January - March: 10:00 - 17:15
- April - June: 09:30 - 18:00
- July - August: 09:30 - 19:00
- September: 09:30 - 18:00
- October - December: 10:00 - 17:15
- 24 & 31 December: 10:00 - 16:15
- Last admission 1 hour before closing
Train: TGV from Paris-Montparnasse to Tours, and Intercité from Tours to Azay-le-Rideau.