- Discover one of Sicily's best-kept secrets at the beautiful Cloister of Monreale
- Marvel at the intricate mosaics in the cloister's 228 columns and stunning palm tree-shaped fountain
- Get a bird's-eye view of the cloister from the cathedral's roof terrace
Unearth a hidden gem of Norman architecture at the Cloister of Monreale in northern Sicily. Explore the art and architecture of this secret Benedictine garden, and get the inside scoop with help of an optional audio guide.
The Cathedral of Monreale is one of the best surviving relics of Norman architecture in Italy.
Its highlight is the hidden oasis of its cloister, surrounded by no less than 228 dazzlingly carved columns. Learn all about their intricate ornamentation from the optional audio guide.
The centerpiece of the cloister is the stylised palm tree fountain. The monks use the fountain to wash their hands before entering the refectory. Pigeons use it to cool their feathers, and you'll no doubt use it as a photo subject.
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket and collect your audio guide (if selected) at the box office.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket