- Visit Rome's oldest prison in the evocative Via dei Fori Imperiali and walk in the footsteps of shunned emperors and kings
- Learn about the miraculous actions of St. Peter, who was once a prisoner at Mamertine
- Discover the fascinating history of the prison with a special video guide
Jump back in time in the creepy innards of the Mamertine Prison and uncover the history of this spooky space. Skip the line and learn about the doings of Saint Peter and uncover the fate of shunned Roman emperors and kings, along with a special video guide accompaniment.
He may have been a Saint, but Peter wasn't immune to imprisonment. Once inside Mamertine however, it's said that he made water spring from the rocks and used it to baptize other inmates, jailers and visitors!
There was just no holding him back.
Rather than be lowered into a cell through the ceiling like Peter and the shunned emperors and kings who also endured this gloomy place, you'll skip the line and take the stairs.
Enjoy an educational video guide on the history of this fascinating part of Via dei Fori Imperiali, which is also the oldest prison in Rome!
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office at least 10 minutes before your chosen timeslot.
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Metro: Line B to Colosseum station + 10-minute walk
- Bus: All lines to Piazza Venezia + 5-minute walk
Process is not user- friendly.