- Get into the marvellous mind of Leonardo da Vinci - a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Renaissance
- See (and try) 200 wooden machines and over 50 working models drawn from Da Vinci’s codes - including flying machines, anatomical drawings, a machine gun, and a bicycle,
- Discover 9 new exhibits created with the latest hologram technology
History and engineering fans rejoice - here's a place where you can play and learn at the same time. This exhibition is dedicated to the towering genius of Leonardo da Vinci. But it isn't just plans and models; this one-of-a-kind exhibition includes life-sized replicas of his creations - some of which you can even use. Plus it's got a newly launched animated hologram section. Step into Da Vinci's world.
Did you know that even though credit went to Sebastien Lenormand for pioneering modern parachuting in 1783, Leonardo da Vinci came up with the idea a few hundred years earlier? That's just one example of how this Renaissance man was years ahead of his time. Even 500 years later his ideas can astound.
And this exhibition showcases his genius to great effect. There's a huge array of mechanical, scientific, military and aviation inventions to explore. All have been built using his original drawings for reference, and help you not just understand his work, but see what his genius was capable of creating.
The exhibition features more than 200 machines including 51 reconstructed working models. But the creatives involved went even deeper - there are 9 animated holograms that help recreate the Renaissance man's ideas.
Piazza della Cancelleria, 1, 00186
- Priority Entrance to Leonardo da Vinci Exhibition - The Genius of Leonardo
- Rome City Map
How to use your tickets
Show your digital ticket at the office inside and receive your paper ticket, plus a Rome City Map.
- Address: Piazza della Cancelleria, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Tram: 2, stop Flaminio
- Bus: 89, 61, 495, 490, 117, stop Flaminio
- Metro: A, stop Flaminio
Open daily: 09:00 - 19:30
Great. No problem with entrance with bar codes on phones.
really enjoyed exhibition especially holograms...would have been even better if it we could have handled more exhibits.
The overall experience in the museum exceeded my bravest expectations! Spectacular!
bellissima mostra e che bel posto palazzo della cancelleria