Tickets for Castel Sant'Angelo: Skip The Line
Overlook the Tiber from this iconic mausoleum-turned-museum
- The austere stone passageways of this ancient building are appropriately funereal - it was built as a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian
- It got a real makeover when it became a papal palace in the 14th century. It's adorned with plenty of Renaissance murals, paintings, and statues and offers of the best rooftop views of Rome
- Get skip the line access to the Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo and Museo di Palazzo Venezia, with their expansive collections of art, sculptures, and more!
On the banks of the Tiber stands a towering cylindrical structure steeped in history – it’s a mausoleum, a monument, and a museum. Skip the line to Castel Sant'Angelo and step back into the drama of Rome's history. Plus, get amazing rooftop views of the Eternal City!
A visit to Castel Sant'Angelo is an incredible journey into Rome's history. What once housed the remains of Emperor Hadrian (and the emperors up to Caracalla) is now one of Rome's top attractions.
Skip the line and see how this Castel changed along with Rome. As well as a mausoleum, it's also been a palace, a fortress, a prison, and the dramatic setting for Puccini's opera Tosca.
The downstairs is cold and cramped, but the upper floors are a whole different story. Check out the lavish Renaissance interiors (look up for the murals!), and the Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo with its collection of art and military memorabilia.
Your ticket also gets you into the Museo di Palazzo Venezia, with 28 rooms housing a collection of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, furniture, silverware, jewelry, tapestries, and weaponry from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Combined with Castel Sant'Angelo, it's the perfect historical double-bill!
- Skip-the-line access to Castel Sant'Angelo
- Skip-the-line access to the Museo di Palazzo Venezia
- Access to temporary exhibition
- Skip the line, go to the turnstile and show your smartphone ticket
- Once you redeem your ticket at Castel Sant'Angelo, you have 7 days to visit the Museo di Palazzo Venezia
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Apr - Sep: 09:00 - 19:30
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing
- Metro: Line A to Lepanto or Ottaviano-San Pietro
- Bus: lines 23, 34, 40, 62, 280, 982 or N11 to Piazza Pia and lines 30, 70, 81, 87, 913 or 990 to Piazza Cavour
- Tram: 19 to Piazza Risorgimento
There's a great shady park (Parco Adriano) just behind the Castel. It's got swings and a playground, surrounded by ancient cypress trees. It's a good place to come and relax in the shade, before your next adventure.