Tickets for Prague Castle: Skip The Line
Prague's most popular attraction
- Guinness World Record-holder as largest ancient castle in the world
- Skip-the-line ticket valid for two days, so you can spread your visit out
- A UNESCO World Heritage site
- Get up close to this fairy-tale castle and explore the beautiful interiors
An ancient symbol of the Czech lands, the expansive Prague Castle is one of the most important cultural institutions in the Czech Republic. Once the heart of the Holy Roman Empire, Prague Castle is now home to the Czech president and crown jewels.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Prague Castle is the largest coherent castle complex in the world, with an area of almost 70,000 m². That 'coherent' title isn't bad for a castle that was built way back in the 800s. It's undergone various rebuilds, renovations, fires and was also the site of the Second Prague Defenestration - an act that led to the Bohemian Revolt.
All of that is great if you're into history, but if you're not: know that this castle looms over the Bohemian capital like a fairy tale illustration. As beautiful as it is from afar, once you're inside the complex there's a varied collection of museums, galleries, and cultural treasures. That's why it's one of the most popular places in the city. So whether into history, pretty things, royalty, or weapons and war, there's something here to satisfy everyone.
You'll meet your representative directly in front of the St. Vitus Cathedral to pick up your tickets. This is important - otherwise you can't use your ticket!
Then you'll proceed directly to Prague Castle Circuit B. This route covers the castle interiors, the Old Royal Palace, St. George's Basilica, the delightfully quaint Golden Lane, and the stunning stained glass windows of St. Vitus Cathedral.
How to use your tickets
1) The best way to access the castle is by using the side entrance, which is a 10-minute walk from the Malostranská metro station. Make sure to arrive at the castle at 11:20 to go through the security check with plenty of time.
2) Meet our representative in front of the main entrance of St. Vitus Cathedral in the castle at 12:05. The representative will be holding an open blue and white umbrella and will wait a maximum of 10 minutes, so don't be late - otherwise you can't use your ticket.
- Skip-the-line access to Prague Castle and its beautiful interiors
- A short introduction in English by our representative at the meeting point
- Downloadable English audio guide (see voucher)
- Guided tour around the castle
- Skip-the-line for the mandatory security check at the castle
According to the legend, the workers who built the main castle gate didn't receive their due payment from the king. They got their revenge, in a rather 'cheeky' way. In the inscription above the stone gate they 'misspelled' the word year in Latin. Instead of anno, they wrote ano, which translates as 'asshole' in Spanish. The moral: never mess with a stoneworker.
Purtroppo i controlli di sicurezza impongono code estenuanti.
Col biglietto abbiamo evitato tutte le cose delle attrazioni principali che erano chilometriche.
Abbiamo avuto un problema con la visita del sabato e il servizio clienti non ha avuto problemi a spostatcela venerdì!