- Get breathtaking panoramic views of Portsmouth over 3 viewing decks, with full floor-to-ceiling glass walls
- Stand 170 meters above Portsmouth Harbour and get amazing shots of the three Solent forts and the south coast
- Opt for additional activities once you're there, from special a virtual reality experience to afternoon tea in the clouds!
If you've eaten too many portions of British fish and chips, fear not. The sturdy Emirates Spinnaker Tower can hold the weight of two black rhinos on its 60mm-thick glass floor! There's no better place for panoramic views of Portsmouth than this harbour highlight (emphasis on the high).
The residents of Portsmouth were given a selection of three shapes to choose from before the construction of The Emirates Spinnaker Tower began. We don't know what the rejected ones looked like, but they plumped for something quite elegant and fluid. Rather appropriate given the city's rich maritime history.
This 170-meter landmark observation tower is the centerpiece of the redeveloped Portsmouth Harbour.
There are three viewing decks glazed from floor to ceiling, and they give beautiful views of the city's skyline and the south coast beyond. And don't worry – if the wind is out in full force and you feel yourself swaying a bit, the tower was designed to have a flex of 150mm.
If you can’t see the three (rather unconventional) Solent forts on the day of your visit, you can head up for free within three months for another chance.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Well done for the whole project. It’s a very good eye to Portsmouth