Tickets for Empire State Building: General Admission
Fast-track access to an iconic tower: the best way to discover NYC
- Get fast track entrance with these easy-to-use tickets
- See the most iconic views of NYC from the 86th floor, or go even higher and survey the Empire State from 102 stories up
- Admire the Art Deco style of one of America’s true landmarks; it was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986
Looking up at New York's skyscrapers is quite an experience. But it's nothing compared to looking down on New York from atop its most famous skyscraper. Skip the box office line with these tickets and save time. With ongoing exhibitions and two observation decks, the Empire State Building is the best way to see the Empire State.
The Empire State Building was completed in 1931, and this Art Deco icon still maintains its classic charm. The smiling team of burgundy-uniformed personnel at the front door usher you into this timeless classic. The inspiring murals on the walls and ceiling all embody that classic Art Deco style.
The most iconic spot on this skyscraper is the 86th floor, where many movies (like Independence Day and Sleepless in Seattle) have memorable scenes.
The view from here is breathtaking, figuratively (and sometimes literally)! you'll see panoramic views of up to five states from the surrounding open-air promenade and climate controlled viewing galleries.
Take your time to snap some shots of Central Park, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, the One World Trade Center, and at least one of you beating your chest like King Kong did when he climbed the building.
EMPIRE STATE EXTRAS
Want to visit the 102nd floor Observatory for 360° open-air views of NY? Opt to upgrade your experience ($20) at the Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or at the 86th floor kiosk.
And for your own personal tour guide from the ground floor right up to the top, the Official Empire State Building Guide app is a must-have. Download it for free from the App Store and Google play.
Hungry up high? The Empire State Building boasts 8 different eateries. Opt for a pre-fixed dinner package at the State Grill and Bar, which also serves local craft beers and cocktails. Starbucks, Chipotle, Sushi-teria, and the budget- minded Heartland Brewery are also close by.
For something different, the Empire Lights’Wich is an Instagram-worthy homemade ice cream sandwich, that changes to match the lights each night!
The Empire State Building has live music to enjoy most Thursday to Saturday evenings after 9pm.
- Skip the ticket line and go straight to the elevator
- Tickets to the 86th floor Observation Deck on your smartphone
- Tickets are valid for two years
- Tickets for the 102nd floor Observation Deck, but you can purchase them at the 86th floor for only $20 (credit card only)
Skip the ticket line and go directly to the elevator line. The security check is mandatory.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
You'll find the entrance to the observation deck on Fifth Avenue, between 33rd and 34th Streets.
- Metro: 34th St - Herald Square & 33 St at Park Ave
- Bus: M10, M20, M4 or M34 from Penn Station (7th Ave & West 32nd St)
- Train: A, D, E, 1, 2, 3 or 9
The aluminum tower atop the roof (where the antenna is now) was intended as a mooring mast for zeppelins. Unfortunately this plan was deemed too dangerous due to the strong winds around the skyscraper (also, zeppelins tend to burst into flames quite often).
Assistants a bit over the top
Would recommend this trip