- Wander the decks, halls and rooms of a real 19th-century sailing ship
- Learn what life was like on board and feel like you're sailing without leaving Hamburg
- See the crew, clothing, photos and items used on board during RICKMER RICKMERS' journeys
Ever wondered about life on a windjammer? Drop your anchors at the Museum Ship RICKMER RICKMERS and explore the life of the good ship RICKMER RICKMERS, built in 1896. Learn about its voyages, see what life was like on board and channel your inner sailor for a voyage back in time!
Back in 1896, Captain Hermann-Hinrich Ahlers departed Bremerhaven for Hong Kong. On board for this voyage were two steersmen, a cook, a carpenter, a sailmaker and donkeyman (yes, donkeyman!), 14 sailors, and four ship boys. Off they sailed across stormy seas to return with rice and bamboo. Supermarkets have never sounded so good, right?
Find out what daily life was like on board RICKMER RICKMERS at one of Hamburg harbor's most popular attractions. Wander the halls and decks of a real historic ship, complete with stories, and soak up the atmosphere!
The displays and reconstructions are designed to make you feel like you're really sailing, but luckily you can hop off whenever you like - and never get wet.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket