- Dive into fascinating French culture and the terrific treasures of a 19th-century prince at the Domaine de Chantilly, just a short trip from Paris
- Don't miss the French flower garden, designed in the 17th century by Le Nôtre, the 18th-century Anglo-Chinese garden, and the 19th-century English garden
- Horse around a while at the Horse Museum (Musée du Cheval), home to more than 200 pieces of interest and artworks related to the equestrian world
Notice her face and chest turned slightly towards the viewer. Her left arm perched against the armrest of a chair, gently clasped by her right hand. Looks familiar? The prestigious Chantilly sketch of the Nude Mona Lisa shares characteristics with its more famous counterpart, the Mona Lisa, and was probably used as a compositional tracing for paintings created by Da Vinci and his students.
In celebration of the 500th anniversary of Da Vinci's death, the Domaine de Chantilly will present the Nude Mona Lisa, a lesser-known yet seminal work in the crafting of Da Vinci's legacy. The Chantilly sketch will be presented alongside paintings derived from this sketch, and will showcase the archetype of the feminine naked portrait at the threshold of a budding early Renaissance.
The Domaine de Chantilly is a haven of peace and tranquility, not far from Paris. Pack a picnic, bring the whole family, and give yourself the whole day to explore one of the biggest forests in the area as well as a real prince's castle.
Horse lovers will get a kick out of the museum dedicated to all things equestrian. You'll also find over 800 masterpieces by artists including Poussin, Delacroix, Botticelli, and Raphael.
An excursion fit for a prince!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket