- Explore the actual rooms where generations of Bourbon monarchs lived and see the detailed opulence that was their everyday experience
- Roam through gardens so vast that the architect had to incorporate optical illusions into their design so that they wouldn’t overwhelm visitors
- Ascend the Grand Staircase of Honour, an architectural gem that has inspired staircases in other grand homes. Amongst other features, there’s a secret compartment that was used to house an ‘invisible’ choir
Keeping up with the Joneses? Surely, one proud royal family would never seek to out-do another? Whether it was built to rival Versailles or not is a moot point, for The Royal Palace of Caserta is truly vast and monumental. By at least one measurement it’s the largest royal palace ever built. A two-hour train ride from Rome, this palace and gardens combo is the perfect destination for a daytrip.
The Royal Palace of Caserta is an absolute marvel - not only the largest royal palace in Europe, a visit here will also give you a delightful sense of déjà vu. Having featured in Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones, Mission Impossible III and other blockbuster movies, it is both cinematic and memorable. With Royal Apartments, lush formal gardens (including a park and English Garden), and a number of opulent water features, there's more than enough here to warrant the journey from Rome.
Show your smartphone ticket at the dedicated skip-the-line entrance.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket