Tickets for Fundació Joan Miró: Skip The Line
Step into the world of Joan Miró
- Discover the world of the Catalan artist Joan Miró
- Explore a large collection of modern and contemporary painting and sculptures
- Enjoy great views over Barcelona
- Skip the line and save time
Enter the world of renowned surrealist Joan Miró at The Fundació Joan Miró Museum in Barcelona
With a unique vision, and his use of bold colors and broad organic forms, Miró is one of the most influential figures in the art world. He's known for his works in painting, sculpture, mural and ceramics. Ernest Hemingway compared Miró's painting The Farm (which he acquired), to James Joyce's Ulysses. Though he himself was not a writer, Miró did try to explain how he worked with color to communicate his ideas, "I try to apply colors like words that shape poems, like notes that shape music."
In 1968, Joan Miró himself had the idea to create the foundation. His goal was to establish an internationally recognised center in Barcelona for younger artists to engage with contemporary art. True to his original vision, the Foundation has a space ("Espai 13"), dedicated to the work of young experimental artists - as well as a large collection of works by Miró himself. Today, the Fundacio Miró Museum displays almost 15,000 pieces of art. You can find more than 8.000 drawings, 217 paintings, 178 sculptures as well as ceramics, textiles and graphic works.
During the year the Fundació organises temporary exhibitions of 20th and 21st century artists. Besides the exhibitions the foundation also presents academic activities and projects in collaboration with other institutions and organisations.
If you're planning on visiting The Fundació Joan Miró Museum, consider getting the Barcelona Museum Pass, for just €30 you can visit this museum as well as five others:
- The Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)
- The Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
- The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC)
- Museu Picasso
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
- November - March: Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 - 18:00
- April - October: Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 - 20:00
- Thursday until 21:00
- Saturday until 20:00
- Sunday and public holidays: 10:00 - 15:00
- Closed on Monday (except public holidays)
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- Subway L3 and L2 to Paral·lel and then Funicular to Parc de Montjuic The funicular is closed from December till the end of March, instead you can take the "Bus Funicular".
- Bus lines 55 and 150