- Explore the Yanahuara District, a suburb within Arequipa known for its buildings made of sillar - a pearly white volcanic rock
- Enjoy taking unique photos against all the white buildings, with mountain and countryside scenery too
- Learn about the history of Arequipa with your guide, and visit a stone mill, a 19th-century church and more
Llamas, alpacas, vicuñas and guanacos all stare at you with curious eyes in the beautiful area surrounding Arequipa. Now it's your turn to do some staring. Take a stroll around the famed white city, snap scenic mountain ranges, step into an ancient church and try to adjust your eyes to the whiteness of it all!
You'll want to wear something extra colorful on this tour, so you really stand out in the photos!
Known as the 'White City' for good reason, Arequipa is named for the white and pink-hued volcanic ashlar stone used to construct most of its buildings. Its pretty sloping streets and surrounding countryside make for a peaceful Peruvian city, with a totally different vibe to Cusco or Lima.
Witness the gushing fountain and colonial charm of Plaza de Armas, and stroll through the streets of the Centro Historico. Buy a bit of fried guinea pig from a laid-back local (or don't), and soak up the views of the city from the pearly white Yanahuara and Carmen Alto.
See the Chili Valley and the Misti and Chachani volcanoes looming on the horizon, and marvel at the stonework in a stunning 19th-century church. You can even learn about processing wheat with stone mills.
There's loads to pack into your day on this trip, and a friendly guide to answer any questions you might have. Have fun, amigos.
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the meeting point
- The meeting point is at the Maison Plaza hostel on Plaza de Armas in Arequipa
- Make sure to be at the meeting point on time. Latecomers can't be waited for
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket