Show your ticket on your smartphone as you enter.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Spend a day the feline way at this odd but amazing canal house filled with Bob Meijer's private collection of cat paraphernalia
- Pet the resident cats and buy cat-related posters and souvenirs in the museum gift shop
- See cat-themed art work by the greats, including Picasso, Rembrandt, Theophile Alexandre Steinlen and more!
You've heard of cat cafes? Amsterdam's gone and put a far classier spin on the concept with an entire canal house crammed with our feline friends, plus a load of amazing cat-related art! Make someone's day with a surprise visit to The Cat Cabinet and see works by top artists in a series of uniquely styled rooms. It's the purrrfect day out for cat fans everywhere!
The Cat Cabinet museum is housed on the first floor - or piano nobile - of an old canal house on the Herengracht. Prowl your way around Bob Meijer's private collection of cat paraphernalia and see feline-themed pictures, posters, and paintings. Bob dedicated this place to his much-loved ginger cat, John Piermont Morgan (1966-1983). Forget crazy ladies - this guy was the original crazy cat man.
Picture vintage sofas, long, thick and colorful curtains, woodwork dating from the 17th and 18th century and, of course, cats. Everywhere.
There's kitty-themed work by Picasso, Rembrandt, Theophile Alexandre Steinlen, Henriette Ronner Knip, Toulouse-Lautrec and more, but let's face it, you might be too busy petting your new furry friends to look.
Feline a bit sad that you have to say goodbye to your new furry friends? Purrhaps you can cheer yourself up by taking home some lovely kitty-themed merch from the onsite gift shop. There are tonnes of unique T-shirts, tote bags, magnets, postcards, and books to get your paws on. It's the cat's whiskers!