- Really funny and sometimes pretty scary
- No tour is the same; you are part of the show!
- Awesome new show: Murder on the Zeedijk
Fear is a funny thing
The Amsterdam Dungeon brings together, an amazing cast of theatrical actors, special effects, stages, scenes, scripts, and a unique, exciting walkthrough experience that you can see, hear, touch, smell and feel. It is hilarious fun and sometimes a little scary.
How does it work?
The Amsterdam Dungeon is a must-see attraction in Amsterdam. It is a tour of 80 minutes through 500 years of Amsterdam’s most dark history. You will enter the Dungeon with a group of no more than 30 people and you will descend into the vaults of the Amsterdam Dungeon, where you will ‘enjoy’ all 11 shows. Tours leave every 10 to 15 minutes.
What will you experience?
The Amsterdam Dungeon has new and updated shows. You will laugh and scream nervously at the sight of burning witches. See, smell, listen and be afraid, very afraid. Meet the full cast of professional, theatrical actors who play gruesome characters, from the (not-so) fair judge to the threatening torturer. You will face many surprises along the way that will guarantee an experience that will make you laugh and scream at the same time.
From December 2, both on Fridays and Saturdays, the Amsterdam Dungeon will be terrorizing you with a new show. An additional fee of €3 will be charged at the door from 16:00 on and you'll get a free drink (alcoholic or not).
Tours are available in Dutch and English.
- Pregnant guests or guests with neck or back complaints have to notify a staff member at the entry of the Dungeon. Our staff member shall highlight anything you will need to be aware of
- The Amsterdam Dungeon is not recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- Due to health and safety guidelines guide dogs are not allowed to go into the Amsterdam Dungeon
- Pets are not allowed into the museum
However, I must say the actors in this were phenomenal! Worth the experience all in all...