- Discover why Micropia was voted Europe's most innovative and groundbreaking museum at the 2016 European Museum of the Year Awards
- Learn about all the billions of ways that microbes influence our lives (and not just from sneezing and kissing: microbes are literally everywhere)
- From Actinomyces to Trichophyton rubrum, find out about the different types of microbes and the crucial role they play on this planet
To truly understand the natural world, you've got to understand the smallest and most successful organisms: microbes. Tiny, powerful and invisible to the human eye, microbes are absolutely fascinating. Especially when presented like this.
Micropia is the world's first microbe museum, and by making these invisible creatures visible, it shows the interconnectedness of all things, and gives some surprising insights into the way the world works.
Discover all the different ways that our lives, and the planet as a whole, interact with and are influenced by these unseen creatures.
When thought of at all, the common perception is that microbes make people sick. But that's just a small part of the story. Microbiology can offer solutions to global problems, including water purification and cures to infectious diseases. Microbes can produce energy, food and bio-plastics. By understanding microbes we can create new uses for them.
And the best way to understand them is to immerse yourself in this innovative museum. Come and revel in the world of bacteria and germs!
After going through the Artis entrance gate, turn right, follow the signs for Micropia, and scan your smartphone ticket at the turnstile.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Don't forget to pick up your stamp card at the entrance and to fill it with microbes at the black stamping stations located along the way throughout the museum. You'll find out why at the end of your visit!
Takes you on a trip beyond visible to our eyes