Tickets for Micropia: Skip The Line
The groundbreaking microbe museum
- See the most innovative and groundbreaking museum in Europe (it was the winner of this award at the 2016 European Museum of the Year Awards)
- Learn about all the billions of ways that microbes influence our lives (and not just from sneezing and kissing: microbes are literally everywhere)
- From Actinomyces to Trichophyton rubrum, learn all there is to know about animals, microbes and planets
To truly understand the natural world, you've got to understand the smallest and most successful organisms: microbes. Tiny, powerful and invisible to the human eye, microbes are absolutely fascinating. Especially when presented like this. Acclaimed as the most innovative and groundbreaking museum in Europe (2016 European Museum of the Year Awards).
Micropia is the world's first microbe museum, and by making these invisible creatures visible, it shows the interconnectedness of all things, and gives some surprising insights into the way the world works.
Did you know that two-thirds of the total number of species on earth are invisible to the naked eye? These creatures also live in some surprising places: on your tongue, under your arms, and on your skin. In fact, microbes can be found literally everywhere. And if that sounds gross, you definitely need to visit Micropia and get a new perspective on these creatures. Without micro-organisms such as fungi, yeasts, (micro)algae, bacteria, archaea, viruses and micro-creatures life on this planet it wouldn't be possible. And Micropia shows all the different ways that our lives, and the planet as a whole, interacts with and is influenced by these unseen creatures.
When thought of at all, the common perception is that microbes make people sick. But that's just a small part of the story. Microbiology can offer solutions to global problems, including water purification and cures to infectious diseases. Microbes can produce energy, food and bio-plastics. By understanding microbes we can create new uses for them.
And the best way to understand them is to immerse yourself in this innovative museum. Come and revel in the world of bacteria and germs!
How to use your tickets
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
Good to know
- Monday - Wednesday: 09:00 - 18:00
- Thursday - Saturday: 09:00 - 20:00
- Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00
- Nearly the whole park is wheelchair accessible
- Service dogs aren't permitted in the park
- Pets aren't permitted in the park