Tickets for Esterházy Palace: Guided Tour + Wine Museum + Haydn Exhibition
One ticket for all the palace's exhibits
- Get a fun guided tour of one of Austria’s most beautiful Baroque palaces. The Mirror Hall and Haydnsaal are two particularly ornate highlights
- Enjoy a fascinating and engaging audio guide during your tour of the Joseph Haydn exhibition. The great composer created many of his most famous works right here!
- Get inspired in the concert hall and the fabulous wine museum in the cellar vaults
To feast your eyes on Esterházy Palace in Vienna's Eisenstadt - one of the most breathtaking Baroque palaces in Austria - is to glimpse the decadence of the super rich of centuries ago. Your guided tour will ensure you learn all about the history of this cultural hub, built in the late 13th century, and your Haydn ticket gets you an interactive audio guide for even more fun facts. When you're done, hit the cellar vaults and explore the wine museum!
The jewel of Esterházy Palace is The Haydnsaal, known for being one of the world's most impressive concert halls thanks to its acoustics and interior design. Famous maestro Joseph 'Father of the String Quartet' Haydn composed many of his works right here.
Speaking of Haydn, another modern highlight is the interactive Haydn exhibit. With an audio guide, interactive displays, projections, and superb exhibits you'll come to know the life and work of this world-renowned virtuoso - in the very p(a)lace he worked in!
Then, check your reflection in the the Mirror Hall - once the main reception of this fabulous palace, and from the balcony get a panoramic view of Eisenstadt and beyond to the Neusiedler - Europe's second-biggest steppe lake.
Other highlights include the banquet hall and the large Chinese Salon, decorated with intricate Chinese wallpapers, painted by hand in the mid-18th century. And when you're all palaced out, head to the Wine Museum - the largest in Austria - housed in the 330 year-old cellar vaults. There's lots to look at here, including the oldest preserved wine barrel! You may find yourself working up quite a thirst!
- Guided tour through the beautiful palace
- Self-guided tour including audio guide to Haydn's part of the palace
- Self-guided tour through the famous wine museum in the palace's old wine cellar
- Extra booklet or souvenir
There's no public transportation to this venue, however, you can hop on the Orange Line bus.