Tickets for Classic Gondola Ride
Enjoy a classic gondola ride in picture-perfect Venice
- For centuries Venetians have used the gondola as their main mode of transportation and now you can enjoy your own private boat – it's the best way to see Venice
- The gondolier will pilot you through serene canals and through part of the world-famous and more expansive Grand Canal. You’ll see so much of The City of Water on this 30-minute trip
- Enjoy an authentically Venetian experience at the best price – other gondola rides can set you back hundreds!
Make your way through storied Venice and feel like a true Venetian as you stretch out in your authentic gondola. Hundreds of years of history float right before your eyes while the seasoned gondolier steers you through watery streets. It’s a must-do in La Serenissima.
In a city with no roads, boats rule supreme. Locals might favor motors, but everyone needs to experience Venice by gondola at least once. Sit back and feel your cares melt away as your stripy-shirted gondolier glides you through a maze of waterways, before joining the central Grand Canal.
Your nimble craft will be weaving around bigger boats, so watch out for floating ambulances, delivery vans and fire trucks jockeying for position. Don't worry – your captain knows exactly what they're doing, and makes sure you'll get a tour to remember.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience just asks for a perfect picture. Luckily for you, with just six other people on board (including the gondolier), you have more than enough space for a selfie.
Don’t be surprised if you attract a little envy on this voyage. Most tourists easily part with a hundred bucks for a short gondola ride, while you’ll be parading over the water for a pittance. But that’s our secret… shhh!
- A shared gondola ride (max. 6 passengers) of 30 minutes. WARNING: The ticket price is per person, not per boat. In order to hop on, you should show an entrance ticket per person!
- Gratuities (optional)
- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point (Calle Larga Ascensione, in front of the post office)
- Look for the representative with a sign that says 'Gondola Tour'
- They don't wait for latecomers, so make sure you're there 15 minutes prior to your chosen timeslot
- The mooring place is the same for departure and arriving
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
The gondolier did not engage with us passengers, simply talked to the other gondoliers and smoked. However, my family loved the ride and they were elated that we got to share this experience.
It’s a kitschy tourist thing to do for a reason! It’s fun and different!