- For centuries Venetians have used the gondola as their main mode of transportation and now you get to emulate them. For only a few bucks you can experience a classic gondola ride. It’s a must-do round these parts
- The gondolier will pilot you through serene canals and also through part of the world-famous and more expansive Grand Canal. You’ll see so much of The City of Water on this 30-minute trip
Make your way through storied Venice the only way worth considering: by gondola. Hundreds of years of history float right before your eyes while the seasoned gondolier steers you through watery streets. It’s a must-do in La Serenissima (the Bride of the Sea).
The sun dapples down on your face as you approach the gondola park, and then you notice the boat swaying from side to side on small waves. It’s an idyllic setting, but the boat seems a tad unstable and you’ve noticed the big boats on the Grand Canal!
Whether these behemoths make you slightly nervous or slightly excited, worry not – the gondolier is a professional and he’ll guide you confidently past them and into calmer waters and smaller canals. There you’ll pass under iconic old bridges and you might even catch sight of an old lady hanging her laundry above one of the canals. Be sure to look modestly away if you spot any undies.
In Venice, everyone travels by boat. The locals now choose the motorboat and pilot themselves while the gondola is almost exclusively the sole domain of visitors. Ambulances? They’re of the floating variety here, as are fire trucks, delivery vans and just about anything else that you’d expect to have wheels.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience just asks for a perfect picture. Luckily for you, with just six other people on board (including the gondolier), you have more than enough space for a selfie. Or just ask a fellow passenger to capture this special moment for you!
Don’t be surprised if you attract a little envy on this voyage. Most tourists quickly part with a hundred bucks for a short gondola ride, while you’ll parade over the water for just a few bucks. But that’s our secret… psst!
- A shared gondola ride (max. 6 passengers) of 30 minutes. WARNING: The ticket price is per person, not per boat. In order to hop on, you should show an entrance ticket per person!
- Gratuities (optional)
How to use your tickets
Show your mobile ticket on your smartphone at the meeting point. No need to print!
Good to know
- Rain or shine - the gondola goes anyhow!
- You share the gondola with a maximum of five other passengers
- The mooring place is the same for departure as well as arriving
- This price is per person, not per boat
Gondeltocht ook helemaal Ok. Zeker aan te bevelen.