- For centuries Venetians have used the gondola as their main mode of transportation and now you get to emulate them. For only a few bucks you can experience a classic gondola ride. It’s a must-do round these parts
- The gondolier will pilot you through serene canals and also through part of the world-famous and more expansive Grand Canal. You’ll see so much of The City of Water on this 30-minute trip
Make your way through storied Venice the only way worth considering: by gondola. Hundreds of years of history float right before your eyes while the seasoned gondolier steers you through watery streets. It’s a must-do in La Serenissima (the Bride of the Sea).
The sun dapples down on your face as you approach the gondola park, and then you notice the boat swaying from side to side on small waves. It’s an idyllic setting, but the boat seems a tad unstable and you’ve noticed the big boats on the Grand Canal!
Whether these behemoths make you slightly nervous or slightly excited, worry not – the gondolier is a professional and he’ll guide you confidently past them and into calmer waters and smaller canals. There you’ll pass under iconic old bridges and you might even catch sight of an old lady hanging her laundry above one of the canals. Be sure to look modestly away if you spot any undies.
In Venice, everyone travels by boat. The locals now choose the motorboat and pilot themselves while the gondola is almost exclusively the sole domain of visitors. Ambulances? They’re of the floating variety here, as are fire trucks, delivery vans and just about anything else that you’d expect to have wheels.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience just asks for a perfect picture. Luckily for you, with just six other people on board (including the gondolier), you have more than enough space for a selfie. Or just ask a fellow passenger to capture this special moment for you!
Don’t be surprised if you attract a little envy on this voyage. Most tourists quickly part with a hundred bucks for a short gondola ride, while you’ll parade over the water for just a few bucks. But that’s our secret… psst!
Campiello Traghetto, 2467, Venice, Italy
- A shared gondola ride (max. 6 passengers) of 30 minutes. WARNING: The ticket price is per person, not per boat. In order to hop on, you should show an entrance ticket per person!
- Gratuities (Optional)
Good to know
- Rain or shine - the gondola goes anyhow! * You share the gondola with a maximum of five other passengers
- The mooring place is the same for departure as well as arriving
- This price is the price per person, not per boat
We liked the gondola ride very much. However, it would have been even nicer if the two best chairs in the gondola had been given to us. We were first, but another couple, who even came too late in fact, rushed forward to take possession of the best seats. Quite impolite, but the gondolier did not say anything. And we did not want to spoil the fun, so we sat down somewhere else. Also, we could not understand very well what the gondolier was saying. His Italian accent was quite heavy, so it was difficult to understand his English. And we sat further away from him, since the other couple had taken the seats near to the gondolier. But nevertheless, it was lovely to see Venice from a different side, sitting in a gondola, being able to see things that you cannot see walking through the Streets. Venice is absolutely wonderful!
We enjoyed our Gondola ride a lot! We got the full 30 minutes...
Goed geregeld , mooie gondel , snelle afhandeling
Mooie gondels maar met 20 min waren we weer bij de aanleg steiger. Jammer, maar wel een leuke ervaring.
De beloofde gondelvaart van 30 minuten werd uiteindelijk een krappe 20 minuten waarna we alweer op de kant stonden. Ook waren wij niet de enige. De gondels voeren achter elkaar.
Weinig sfeer en niet echt betrokken bij de klanten. Jammer...
Het ontvangst was goed.
es war einfach wundervoll in den Seitenkanälen durch diese wunderbare Stadt zu fahren.
Es hat alles perfekt geklappt!