- Explore a microcosm of pre-industrial Sweden at the oldest open-air museum in the world
- See workshops in traditional crafts like butter-churning, weaving, shoe-making, and glassblowing, and enjoy traditional Swedish fika
- Get up close to the hardy Nordic wildlife like bison, brown bears, moose, reindeer, and wolverines
Escape the confines of 21st-century living and discover a simpler time at Skansen, the world's oldest open-air museum. Like a time capsule of pre-industrialized Sweden, Skansen takes you on an immersive journey into the past to engage with amazing Scandinavian folk traditions, craftsmanship, and culture that modern life has long forgotten.
Explore a microcosm of old Sweden across a huge area of farms and dwellings and see fascinating workshops of traditional crafts like butter-churning, weaving, shoe-making, and glassblowing that have been passed down over the generations.
In every building at Skansen you'll find interpreters, dressed in traditional costume, who will provide a colorful account of the unique history of each craft and practice.
Pay a visit to the Skansen Zoo and meet the winter-proof wildlife that brave the Nordic climes. Get a close encounter with bison, brown bears, moose, reindeer, and fearless wolverines, as well as some cuddlier faces like cats, rabbits and guinea pigs.
One thing that hasn't changed over the centuries is Sweden's amazing array of desserts and pastries. You can savor a traditional Swedish fika, or sample a variety of authentically Swedish snacks and savory dishes in Balderslunden food court.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the reception staff at the entrance
- Valid ID/student ID needed for free & reduced tickets
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Please note that the staff providing the background information at each house are volunteers and it can't be guaranteed that all staff speak English.