- Feel the freeze inside a 350-tonne glacier and explore over 100 meters of frozen tunnels, where temperatures drop to a chilly -10°C
- Learn all about the history and endangered future of these magnificent icy structures with fascinating hands-on exhibits
- Climb to the top of Perlan and enjoy the 360° Observation Deck, that offers stunning panoramic views of the Icelandic countryside – you can see the famous Snæfellsjökull glacier and the city of Reykjavik from above!
Reykjavik's brand new Perlan Museum is celebrating its opening with a monumental exhibition which lets you venture into the icy heart of a glacier. Once you've traveled through the sub-zero tunnels, you'll learn all about the endangered ecosystems of these frozen monoliths, before experiencing unbeatable 360° views of the real thing from the observation deck!
In and around Reykjavik's iconic hot water tanks, the Perlan Museum is designed to show off the natural wonders of Iceland in suitably spectacular surroundings. Visitors to this cutting-edge facility can now experience the power and natural beauty of the country's glaciers like never before – by climbing deep inside one!
The manmade installation uses 350 tonnes of ice and snow to create a 100-meter icy adventure you can really get into – and explore for yourself. Naturally, you'll learn all about the vital role these giant ice cubes play, and the many ecosystems they sustain.
Once you've felt the -10°C chill for yourself, climb to the top of Perlan and enjoy panoramic views of the famous Snæfellsjökull glacier and the city of Reykjavik below. It's a state-of-the-art facility taking in eons of history - that you can experience today!
- Access to the Perlan Museum
- Access to the 360° Observation Deck
- Access to the interactive glacier exhibition Glaciers and Ice Cave
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Perlan offers a free shuttle bus from downtown Reykjavik, departing from Harpa Music Hall every 30 minutes
- The shuttle runs daily from 09:00 to 17:30, the last departure from Perlan is at 17:50
- Alternatively, take bus line 18 from Hlemmur to Perlan stop. From there it's a 6-minute walk