- Join your seasoned local guide and leave the city behind in search of the real Northern Lights
- Watch a special 10-minute light show at the Whale Watching Center, located on an old fishing vessel in Reykjavik harbor
- Take advantage of free onboard wifi, heated indoor lounge and open-top deck for panoramic views
The best time to see the magical Northern Lights in Reykjavik is between September and April. Join your experienced Aurora Borealis seeker and prepare to be dazzled by the greatest light show on earth, from the comfort of a warm and cozy boat.
Iceland is an otherworldly experience on any day, thanks to its gushing geysers, moon-like landscapes, and the knitted jumpers of the locals. But seeing the real Northern Lights is everyone's dream come true!
You'll start your adventure with a short film featuring images, time-lapse footage of the Northern Lights, and scientific explanations for this incredible natural phenomenon.
Then, head away from the city, out into Faxaflói Bay and into the blackness of the ocean, for an ethereal light-show that's so magical, it might just make you cry!
Thanks to your expert guide, you'll stay warm, safe and dry, and the specially equipped boat comes complete with heated lounge and open deck for panoramic views of the sky.
Fingers crossed the lights will shine for you. If not, don't panic – you can take the tour again for free!
- Access to the Elding Whale Watching Center in Reykjavik Harbor
- Multimedia show at the Whale Watching Center
- 2-hour Northern Light Cruise
- English speaking Live Guide
- Warm overalls for the Cruise
- Food and beverages (available at the board lounge and café)
Please show your smartphone ticket at the Elding ticket office at the Ægisgarður pier in the Old Harbor in downtown Reykjavik. You will then be directed to the boat.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Getting to the Whale Watching Center
All buses to Lækjartorg (+ a 10-minutes walk) or bus 14 to Mýrargata.