Tickets for Geothermal Exhibition
Discover the heat beneath your feet at Iceland's newest geothermal power plant
- Visit the largest geothermal district heating utility in the world, just 20 minutes from Reykjavik
- See this fascinating exhibition by ON Power, a world leader in the utilization of geothermal energy
- Tour the Hellisheiði with a local guide and see how it can produce 303 MW of electricity at maximum output
Over 70% of Iceland's energy consumption is powered by geothermal energy - that's a higher percentage than anywhere else on the planet! Join an experienced guide for a tour of the Geothermal Exhibition at Hellisheiði (pronounced “het-li-shay-thee”) - the newest and biggest geothermal power plant in Iceland.
Just 20 minutes from Reykjavik, the Hellisheiði is making use of Iceland's active volcanos to produce 303 MW of electricity! It's all sustainable too - that geothermal power is self-generating.
And this is your opportunity to tour one of the world's biggest single-unit power plants with a knowledgeable guide.
You'll learn how this 100% green and sustainable energy is produced. It's an eye-opening look at man harnessing mother nature.
- Entrance to the Geothermal Exhibition
- Guided tour in English or Icelandic
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- By car: drive Highway 1 southbound for about 25 km from downtown Reykjavík
- There are free parking spaces right in front of the main entrance
This exhibition is presented by ON Power - a leading Icelandic power company which harnesses geothermal energy and sends it to more than half of the country's population.