- See a permanent collection of engaging artworks, offering you a glimpse into cultures from around the world
- Architect Jean Nouvel designed the museum's interior to be free of barriers and railings. The result is an immersive experience into other cultures
- With an actual body of more than 3,500 pieces, the museum frequently changes temporary exhibitions, meaning there's always something new on display here
See over 200 previously unseen works demonstrating the evolution of Western perceptions of distant and not-so-distant populations, societies and territories. This fascinating collection promises plenty of oneirism, naturalism, fantasy, and romanticism – with a healthy dose of colonial propaganda to boot!
Available with the Permanent Collection Ticket and Combined Ticket.
Explore the unique world of Japanese bamboo basketry - an artisan skill which has evolved over time into a complex and innovative form of sculpture. Be dazzled by more than 160 works created by seven prominent artists, with wonderful weaving and delightful designs to satisfy even the most discerning eyes.
Available with the 'Temporary Exhibition Ticket' and the 'Combined Ticket'.
In the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, the Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac is full of masks, musical instruments, weapons, ceremonial artifacts, paintings, tapestries and more. Outside the building is quite a sight to behold. Inside, discover art and artifacts from civilizations around the world.
From Vancouver to Vanuatu and Uluru to Uganda, the collection here brilliantly illustrates the richness of global cultural diversity. Foregoing the more well-known and studied European civilizations, the permanent collection at Musée du quai Branly spans Oceania, Asia, Africa and the America, and stretches all the way back to the Neolithic period.
Outside, the exterior of Musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac features a vertical garden, enormous multicolored blocks, and a series of towers that look like the inside of a radiator. Step inside to find thousands of art and artifacts that will transport you around the globe.
Peculiar architecture and astonishing anthropological artifacts, the Musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac is a haven for curious minds.
As French President Jacques Chirac said at the dedication: "May the visitors who pass through the doors of the Musée du quai Branly be filled with emotion and wonderment."
- Access to the permanent collection and temporary exhibition(s) in the Mezzanine (if the Permanent Collection Ticket is chosen)
- Access to the temporary exhibition in the Garden Gallery (if the Temporary Exhibition Ticket is chosen)
- Access to the permanent collection and the temporary exhibition(s) in the Mezzanine and Garden Gallery (if the Combined Ticket is chosen)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Train: RER C to Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel
- Metro: Line 9 to Iéna or Alma Marceau; line 6 to Bir-Hakeim or line 8 to École Militaire
The café in the gardens is a great spot to view the Eiffel Tower in relative peace. And the restaurant on the terrace of the museum is a special spot for a memorable night out in Paris.
Création en attente alors qu’il n’y en a pas
Merci M Chirac