- Get an amazing view of Paris that includes the Eiffel Tower (and doesn't include the hideous Tour Montparnasse). That's win-win!
- Looking out at the world's most romantic city from 210 meters, you may feel inspired to write a poem or sketch out a work of art that eventually sells for millions. Maybe not - but you never know
- With fine dining on the 56th floor, and an open air observatory on the 59th, the Tour Montparnasse offers the best view and some of the best food in the city
The Eiffel Tower polarized public opinion when it was built, before eventually winning people over to become the beloved icon that it is today. Not so with Tour Montparnasse, which is universally loathed as a monstrous eyesore. However, it has unparalleled views of the City of Lights. If you long for a view, and the crowds at the Eiffel Tower are giving you a headache, this is your place.
Ugly it may be, but the Montparnasse Tower has Europe's fastest elevator - which will whisk you up to the 56th floor observatory in just 38 seconds. From there you can enjoy spectacular 360 degrees views of the city. Plus, with the viewpoint indicators, films, touchscreens, and exhibition, you'll find yourself learning a whole lot about the French capital.
The 56th floor also houses the city’s highest restaurant, Le Ciel de Paris. So you can have fine dining with an equally fine view. But maybe 59 floors isn't quite enough for you; in that case you can continue on up to the outdoor observatory on the 59th floor. 210 meters above street level, this is the place to cast your gaze across the city, hum a little Edith Piaf, and hold the hand of whomever you're with.
33 avenue du Maine
- Apr 01 to Sep 30: 09:30 - 23:30.
- Oct 01 to Mar 31: Sun to Thu 09:30 - 22:30.
- Fri, Sat and a day before a bank holiday 09:30 - 23:00
- Last elevator operates 30 minutes prior to closing time
- The entrance of the Montparnasse Tower is situated on the Rue de l'Arrivée side.
- When you arrive at the Montparnasse Tower, you need to follow the panoramic visit signs. Your mobile ticket gives you direct access to the elevators up to the 56th floor. On site, the staff will show you the elevator.
It was an amazing experience I will never forget!
My nephew, who was visiting from Australia, with his wife & their three boys, had the excellent idea of watching the sunset from the top of the Montparnasse Tower.
It was an unforgettable experience for all of us.
The top terace is outstanding. I enjoyed our visit better than to the Eiffel Tower...
I have gone to a few different rooftops for panoramic views and I did like this one because it wasn't overcrowded, at least not up until sunset. There were drinks available and places to sit down and enjoy the moment. There are panels available that explain what you can see. What I didn't like was that the best pictures would have be taken where there were breaks in the glass and there weren't enough of these. There were 2 or 3 spots ideal for taking pictures of the Eiffel Tour and Les Invalides, however, they were hogged by a few people with tripods and big cameras or some others who just stood at these places and would not share the space with others. These people were set up when I arrived at 8:45pm and were still there when I left at 9:45pm. They did not have the courtesy to share the space with all of us others who just wanted to get a few shots and then let the next person get their shot. It's too bad there isn't some kind of policy so that everyone can have the same opportunity to get the nice picture.
A tower worth seeing,38 seconds in the elevator going to 56th floor
Went late at night. Great views of the Eiffel Tower. Didn't need an express pass at that time.
It was great. Easy to find, easy to get up there. Not much to do but see the views but didn't expect much either. Bring a jacket since it can get a bit chilly up there.
Everything was great. I uploaded a QR-code to my smartphone, showed it at the entrance, it was scanned, and in a minute I was on top of the Tour Montparnasse, taking pictures of a marvelous Paris. Amazing experience.
The best location to see Paris. Is a must to visit here if you visiting Paris. The view is fantastic. The staff are friendly.