- Get an amazing view of Paris that includes the Eiffel Tower (and doesn't include the hideous Tour Montparnasse). That's win-win!
- Looking out at the world's most romantic city from 210 meters, you may feel inspired to write a poem or sketch out a work of art that eventually sells for millions. Maybe not - but you never know
- With fine dining on the 56th floor, and an open air observatory on the 59th, the Tour Montparnasse offers the best view and some of the best food in the city
The Eiffel Tower polarized public opinion when it was built, before eventually winning people over to become the beloved icon that it is today. Not so with Tour Montparnasse, which is universally loathed as a monstrous eyesore. However, it has unparalleled views of the City of Lights. If you long for a view, and the crowds at the Eiffel Tower are giving you a headache, this is your place.
Ugly it may be, but the Montparnasse Tower has Europe's fastest elevator - which will whisk you up to the 56th floor observatory in just 38 seconds. From there you can enjoy spectacular 360 degrees views of the city. Plus, with the viewpoint indicators, films, touchscreens, and exhibition, you'll find yourself learning a whole lot about the French capital.
The 56th floor also houses the city’s highest restaurant, Le Ciel de Paris. So you can have fine dining with an equally fine view. But maybe 59 floors isn't quite enough for you; in that case you can continue on up to the outdoor observatory on the 59th floor. 210 meters above street level, this is the place to cast your gaze across the city, hum a little Edith Piaf, and hold the hand of whomever you're with.
33 avenue du Maine
- Apr 01 to Sep 30: 09:30 - 23:30.
- Oct 01 to Mar 31: Sun to Thu 09:30 - 22:30.
- Fri, Sat and a day before a bank holiday 09:30 - 23:00
- Last elevator operates 30 minutes prior to closing time
- The entrance of the Montparnasse Tower is situated on the Rue de l'Arrivée side.
- When you arrive at the Montparnasse Tower, you need to follow the panoramic visit signs. Your mobile ticket gives you direct access to the elevators up to the 56th floor. On site, the staff will show you the elevator.
It was an unforgettable experience for all of us.