Tickets for Museum at Eldridge Street
A breathtaking National Historic Landmark on New York City’s Lower East Side
- Explore this breath-taking National Historic Landmark on New York City’s Lower East Side
- Learn about the story of Jewish immigrant life at the turn of the last century
- See a grand Ark, amazing architecture restored from 1887, and see well-worn reminders of generations of worshippers in the wooden floors!
Discover the story of Jewish immigrant life at the turn of the last century and the mass migration of Jewish immigrants to Manhattan's Lower East Side. It's all in the Museum at Eldridge Street, one of the city's most influential and somewhat hidden buildings!
The Museum at Eldridge Street is housed inside the Eldridge Street Synagogue, a restored National Historic Landmark. Learn about Jewish life and history as you take in the grand Ark, the beautiful windows, and the stunning, green-tipped glass chandelier!
You can get a lot of treasures in Chinatown, but getting an education on Jewish history in one of New York's coolest buildings is a must!
- Admission to the Museum
- Special exhibits
- Multilingual brochures
- Optional hourly public tour
Go to the main museum entrance on the left-hand side of the front of the building (down a few steps to the recessed entry way) and scan your smartphone ticket there.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Sunday - Thursday 10:00 - 17:00, Friday 10:00 - 15:00
- Bus: Line M15 to Allen St / Grand St or Allen St / Hester St; from there, a 2-minute walk
- Metro: Line F to East Broadway Station, Rutgers Street and Canal exit; from there, a 5-minute walk
- Metro: Lines B or D to Grand Street Station; from there, a 6-minute walk
- Metro: Lines 6, N, Q, R, W, J, or Z to Canal Street; from there, a 10-minute walk
This house of worship (it was the first to be built in America by Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe) is so historic that you can still see the grooves in the wooden floors upstairs, caused by generations of men rocking in prayer!