- Everyone loves the Children's Zoo - this farmyard exhibit has donkeys, goats, sheep and a few more pettable creatures!
- 265 outdoor acres with more than 6,000 animal residents - Bronx Zoo is a great daytrip without leaving NYC
- There are regular feedings scheduled throughout the day, watch the sea lions or penguins getting fed if you can
Bronx Zoo is going positively prehistoric this summer. Don't worry, there's no threat of T-Rex escapes or being hunted down by clever velociraptors on this Dinosaur Safari. There are, however, 40 ultra-realistic animatronic dinosaurs in a two-acre Jurassic jungle.
Travel back to a time before the extinction event which blindsided our dino chums. This narrated tour helps you and your young paleontologists uncover the connections between the animals living at the zoo today, and their ancient predecessors who roamed millions of years ago.
Visit a dig site to unearth fossils, meet a walking, roaring, 40-foot long Tyrannosaurus Rex, and head home filled with fascinating dinosaur facts.
The Bronx Zoo is teeming with wildlife including alligators, baboons and camels - and the rest of the alphabet too! More than 6000 animals live among its 265 acres, so come with snacks and walking shoes and take your time wandering its wilds.
Highlights of a day at the zoo include the lions and zebras on the African Plains, the eagles and owls of the Birds of Prey exhibit, and the Congo Gorilla Forest.
The Children's Zoo is a great place for your kids to (safely) get up-close and personal with some unfamiliar creatures, like anteaters and sloths - as well as perennial petting zoo faves the mini goat.
The Bronx Zoo is the oldest zoo in the country, and has been conservation-minded throughout that history; in the early 20th century the American great plains were restocked using Bronx-bred bison.
- Admission to the Bronx Zoo
- Unlimited access to the rides and attractions available
- Animal feedings
- Animal encounters
- 4-D Theater
- Bug Carousel
- Congo Gorilla Forest
- Butterfly Garden
- Wild Asia Monorail
- Zoo Shuttle
- Parking at the zoo
- Guided tours
- Camel ride
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Lines 2 or 5 to Pelham Parkway
- Train: Metro North's Harlem line to Fordham, then bus line Bx9 eastward to 183rd Street and Southern Blvd
- Bus: From Manhattan, line BxM11 to Bronx Zoo River (River entrance, gate B9). In the Bronx, lines Bx9 or Bx19 to 183rd Street and Southern Blvd (Southern Blvd pedestrian entrance, Gate C), or Bx12 or Bx22 to Fordham Road and Southern Blvd. From Queens, line Q44 to 180th Street and Boston Road (Asia gate entrance, Gate A)
The bug carousel is a classic amusement park carousel, but with a dung beetle, a grasshopper and even a praying mantis, instead of boring old horses!