- Explore the ancient archeological wonder of Pompeii with a professional guide
- Get guided around the 50-hectare site to learn the extraordinary story of how Pompeii perished, and how it was later discovered and excavated from the ashes
- Marvel at ancient dwellings, fountains, statues, frescoes, and the city's amphitheater under the looming specter of Mount Vesuvius
Building a city right beside an active volcano doesn't always work out the way you want - just ask Pompeii. When Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 C.E., it decimated the settlement and its inhabitants. Ironically, its superheated volcanic ash also preserved the site perfectly, leaving behind perhaps the world's most remarkable archeological site.
Now, thousands of years later, you can wander around a time capsule of ancient Roman life with a professional guide.
When Vesuvius erupted 2,000 years ago, it blasted out the equivalent of 100,000 times the thermal energy released by the Hiroshima-Nagasaki nuclear bombings. Poor Pompeii never stood a chance.
Frozen in time for around two thousand years, Pompeii is truly one of the wonders of antiquity. Discover this unique UNESCO World Heritage Site on a guided tour and walk in the footsteps of Italy's ancient people.
Covering a 50-hectare area of archaeological marvels, you'll be guided around the ruins of houses, fountains, statues, frescoes, and one very impressive amphitheater - all under the ominous glare of Mount Vesuvius.
- Go to the Pompeii Ticket Office on Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket
- You will meet your guide next to the Pompeii Ticket Office (in front of the Hotel Vittoria)
- Please make sure to arrive 15 minutes before your booked timeslot
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Pompeii: Skip The Line
Explore one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line
Visit two Roman cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius – it's a blast!
Pompeii: VIP Experience
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii with an audio guide and some modern comforts
Pompeii: Skip The Line + Bus Roundtrip from Rome
From Rome to Pompeii: a modern comfort bus for a trip into the past
Pompeii: Guided Tour in Chinese
Take a guided tour of one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii & Vesuvius: Daytrip from Rome
Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii and climb the infamous Mount Vesuvius