Tickets for Naples Underground
A guided tour underneath the ancient city of Naples
- Join a guide and see parts of Naples few get to see, like the ancient theater of Neapolis - where Emperor Nero had a private dressing room
- See the ancient aqueduct, responsible for providing Naples with water for 23 centuries
- Visit the Bourbon period drains covered in cool blue tiles - you won't believe the colors
To get even deeper into what makes Italy tick, you'll have to go underground. Explore beneath the streets of Naples, a city over 2,400 years old. Learn the history with a guide, visit an ancient theater, and see the aqueduct that supplied the city with water for 23 centuries!
Imagine having a house with a hatch under the bed for exclusive access to the ancient theater of Neapolis! Don't just imagine it - see it for yourself on this special tour beneath the streets of Naples.
Join your guide and learn the incredible history of old Napoli. See Summa Cavea, sewers from the Bourbon period that were made from riggiole or blue colored tiles. You won't believe how long colors can last down there in the darkness.
Put down the gelato and do something different in Naples.
- Entrance ticket
- Guided tour
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office and ask for the first available guided tour.
- Tour in Italian: daily 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00
- Tour in English: daily 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Address: Piazza San Gaetano 68 Napoli
- Metro: L1 to Museo or Dante + 10 minutes walk
- Bus: E3 and E6 to Nicotera
Bring a jacket during the summer. It can get cold underground!
With this tour you'll be going some 40 meters below the street level. There are 130 steps for you to climb down and then up again. The tunnels cover the whole city, so stick to the indicated entrance.