- Enter the Hams Caves for a fascinating glimpse into 10 million years of underground history
- Join a tour and learn about how the caves were discovered and how electricity was produced to illuminate them via an audio guide
- A great trip if you're exploring Porto Cristo and its surroundings
Enter a 10-million-year-old cave and discover how one man's discovery and determination led to illuminating Cuevas dels Hams (Hams Caves) for the masses, just outside of Porto Cristo.
Mr. Pedro Caldentey Santandreu (1886-1950) was digging for onyx when he stumbled upon the 10-million-year-old Hams Caves in 1905.
Next he went about producing electricity to help illuminate the caves and made enough of it to turn a water mill. This is particularly impressive when you consider electric lighting hadn't yet reached the village of Porto Cristo, the village closest to the caves!
Learn all about the fascinating history of the Hams Caves with your audio guide!
Show your smartphone tickets at the entrance and join the next tour group available.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Parking is free.