Tickets for Museo Reina Sofía: Skip The Line
Hotbed of 20th century Spanish art
- This world-famous museum is a former hospital, now filled with 20th-century Spanish art - including works by Picasso, Dalí and Miró
- These Express Lane tickets get you into this remarkable museum faster and cheaper than buying at the door
- See Picasso’s powerful and moving anti-war mural Guernica, quite possibly Spain's most famous artwork
Housed in a former hospital, the world famous Museo Reina Sofía is a modern art museum with a diverse and fascinating collection of 20th century Spanish art, from Picasso to Solana.
Remodeled and converted into a museum in 1992, this 18th-century hospital holds Madrid’s premier collection of contemporary art. The centerpiece is Picasso’s Guernica, arguably Spain’s single-most famous artwork.
The Reina Sofía also holds works by the other 20th century titans of Spanish art, Salvador Dalí and Joan Miró. The collection principally spans the 20th century up to the 1980s. There are a few pieces from non-Spaniard artists, including Francis Bacon’s Lying Figure, but the focus of the collection is quite solidly Spain.
In addition to the paintings, the museum also boasts an impressive collection of sculptures, including some colorful and distinctive works by Miró, and a bust of Picasso by Pablo Gargallo.
The crown jewel of the Reina Sofía is undoubtedly Picasso's Guernica in Room 206 on the 2nd floor. But some other paintings move from time to time, and thus can be harder to track. The Reina Sofía organizes works by theme, so in order to see all of the Dalí's, you could conceivably need to cover a fair amount of ground.
- Access to the permanent collection
- Access to the temporary exhibition(s)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Bus: Several lines stop near the entrance of the museum
- Train: Any line to Atocha-RENFE
- Metro: 1 to Atocha or 3 to Lavapiés
Thoroughly enjoyed the visit and the audio guide. The audio guide would have to be one of the best set out guides we have used
Very very exiciting.