Show your smartphone ticket at Dochgarroch Lock. Make sure you arrive on time for your selected timeslot!
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Cruise around the mysterious waters of Loch Ness, learn about the myths and legends of the lake, and look for the legendary monster
- Step off the boat for a tour of the medieval Urquhart Castle, on the shore of Loch Ness
- Find out about the history of the Great Glen, bloody battles, luxurious banquets, and witness the medieval relics left behind
Brimming with myths and legends, Loch Ness may also be home to the world's most mysterious and shy monster! Dive into the stories surrounding bonnie Scotland's most famous lake on a cruise with castle views, then step into medieval history at the crumbling Urquhart Castle.
How likely are you to see Nessie? Apparently, she was last seen January 2019, when two brothers saw a 50-metre long disturbance by something huge just beneath the surface.
Whether you see Nessie or not, you'll get panoramic views of the castle and rugged Scottish scenery from the boat, plus the lowdown on the loch and the world's favourite monster. Is it really down there? How deep are the waters exactly?
At Urquhart Castle, step into Jacobite history and learn about 1,000 years of battles, banquets, and drawbridges as you walk around its crumbling medieval walls. The castle saw a lot of drama during its 500 years as a fortress.
Imagine the magnificent banquets that would have been eaten in the Great Hall. Peek into the creepy prison cells, and see medieval artifacts left by former castle residents.
A mysterious, magical, and scenic tour from Inverness... just watch out for monsters!
Getting to the departure point:
- Hop-On Inverness City Sightseeing bus and hop-off at stop number 8
- Come by car and park for free onsite
- Walk from Inverness, along the scenic canal front (approx 5km)