- Get into UNESCO World Heritage Site of Schloss Eggenberg, the most important great house in Styria, designed to represent the universe
- Gaze up at the Planetary Room, a star-studded spectacle on the ceiling, completed in 1685
- See numerous other ceiling paintings, as well as opulent stucco, and have your guide fill you in on the castle's history and architecture
Peacocks in manicured gardens and 15th-century paintings of planets on the ceiling - it's got to be the castle-like Schloss Eggenberg. Step back in time in the Austrian countryside with your guide, and travel through Styrian culture spanning several fascinating centuries.
This towering, fantastical landmark was built by an eccentric noble family as a unique way of honoring the arts and science. They don't make families like they used to.
Be dazzled by this UNESCO World Heritage Site's Baroque interiors as you explore the staterooms with your German or English-speaking guide. You'll learn the significance of the symbols used by the architect and artists, and hear more about those eccentric former residents.
Follow the evolution of art and Styrian culture and see over 500 ceiling paintings in opulent, stucco surroundings.
The stateroom highlight is the star-studded Planetary Room, with its mind-blowing spectacle of astrology and mythical symbols.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your selected timeslot and show your smartphone ticket at the cash desk
- You can then join the tour in English or German
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket