- Trace the humble beginnings of Pope Francis, aka Jorge Bergoglio, with a guided walking tour around Buenos Aires
- Visit the church where Pope Francis was baptized, and the cathedral that inspired him to join the church in his youth
- Get a sense of the Pope's more human side, with a visit to his beloved Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro soccer club
Most popes aren't known to stir the pot, but Pope Francis isn't most popes. Dubbed the 'Pope of the People', this unique Pope prefers to drop the papal pomp and pageantry in favor of a more down-to-Earth approach to being God's messenger.
Trace Pope Francis' humble beginnings in his hometown of Buenos Aires. Discover the stories of kindness, charity, and football fandom that marked his early years, and visit the beautiful holy buildings that inspired him to join the church.
This guided walking tour provides an intimate look into the life of Jorge Bergoglio, the man that would become Pope Francis. You'll begin with a visit to his childhood home, before heading to the nearby Basílica San José de Flores – where he was inspired to become a man of the cloth.
The next stop is the Basílica de María Auxiliadora y San Carlos, where Pope Francis was baptized. This church holds a special place in the Catholic faith and is a must-see for devout Catholics in Buenos Aires.
Very much a man of the people, Pope Francis had his Earthly pastimes too. You'll get a good idea of this as you visit his beloved Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro soccer club. After he was elected Pope, the club even played with an image of him on their shirts! Fair pray!
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, Tangol travel agency office in San Telmo
- The tour departs at 10:00 sharp, make sure to be on time
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket