Tickets for Montserrat From Barcelona + Museum: Roundtrip
Swap the chaos of the city for the mountains
- Your roundtrip train ride from Barcelona is included, meaning an easy ride to the top of Montserrat. Check out those views!
- Take some impressive photos of this Benedictine monastery, natural park, spiritual shrine and Catalan cultural center all in one, and don't forget the impressive art collection
- Witness the unusual rock formations of Catalonia, and see the famous Black Faced Madonna. You'll learn the hows and whys with your audio guide.
This daytrip to Montserrat is a chance to escape the city craziness of Barcelona and satisfy your craving for calm. At the top of a distinctive mountain (its name means "Serrated Mountain" in Catalan) you'll see some spectacular art, mooch about one of Catalonia’s most magnificent places, and even enjoy a spot of liqueur tasting.
You'll hop on the train from Barcelona's Plaza España to the FGC train station, climbing over 600 meters as you journey through gorgeous mountain surroundings to this spiritual shrine, and what's perhaps the epitome of Catalan culture.
When you're at the top, check out the audio-visual wonder that is Montserrat Behind Closed Doors. Learn about the monastery's heritage, the sanctuary and the mountains, and browse paintings by luminaries like Berruguete, El Greco, Caravaggio, Fortuny, Rusiñol, Casas, Nonell, Picasso and Dali, from the 13th through 20th centuries.
Say hello to the 12th century Virgin of Montserrat Basilica (Black Faced Madonna), and learn about the truths and mysteries surrounding her. (Hint: it started, as all good stories do, with some shepherd boys). You might have to queue for this privilege - 20 to 40 minutes is normal in the morning - but you can look forward to a drink for your efforts afterwards - there's that liqueur tasting to be done at the Montserrat shop, (hic!)
- Round trip train ticket
- Audio-visual guide
- Montserrat museum
- Liqueur tasting
- Food and beverages
Validate your tickets between 08:00 and 13:00 at the ticket office FGC Plaça d'Espanya to take the R5 train to Monistrol de Montserrat.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Opening Hours - Montserrat
- Information office, audiovisual space, and museum: 09:00 - 17:45
- Basilica: 07:30 - 20:00
- Tabernacle of Our Lady: 08:00 - 10:30 and 12:00 - 18:30
- The Boy's Choir sings 'Salve and Virolai' from Monday to Friday at 13:00 and on Sundays at 12:00
Barcelona station and from the railway line to Montserrat. People were helpful everywhere and the tickets recognized easily. We were surprised by the great buffet included and loved the museum with works from
Monet, Picasso, renoir and lots of Spanish painters from the time. You need to match the train from
Barcelona with the time slot you choose to see the museum but it was explained in our tickets and we were told the time we needed to be at station in Barcelona.//We waited hiked up in the mountains ( ticket does not include cable car to the top) and managed also to touch the miraculous Virgin statue with no line( at 4:00 you can see the madonnabtoll 4:30) and later on around 6.The mountains are impressive and we were amazed that such a small place could contain so many people. The tickets did make things easier for us.