- Visit a thousand-year old monastery that is considered the best-preserved in all of Catalonia, and climb its bell tower to look out over the countryside
- The larger compound features a lovingly restored art nouveau mansion and is set in gorgeous mountainside. It marries the very old with modern design to give a sense of timeless tranquility.
- Find out how this site has become a hive of innovation. Learn about the Alicia Foundation, which calls the compound home, and the work they're doing on progressing culinary science and technology
About a 40-minute drive from Barcelona, and nestled in picturesque mountains, this compound is both ancient and incredibly modern. The thousand-year old Mon Sant Benet. It’s Catalonia’s best-preserved monastery and part of a larger compound that marries the very old with the very new amidst tranquil beauty.
Enjoy a day in the mountains at a thousand-year old Catalonian monastery. The Monastery Món Sant Benet is the highlight of your time here. Tour ancient religious buildings, an Art Nouveau mansion and hear about the cutting-edge innovations taking place here. Don't forget to enjoy some lunch surrounded by picturesque mountains - all this serenity and natural splendor is sure to work wonders on your appetite.
Camí de sant Benet de Bages, s/n, 08272, Sant Fruitós de bages, Barcelona, Spain
- Audiovisuals during the tour is in Spanish with English subtitle
- Show the ticket on your smartphone at the entrance of monastery.
- Please be there at least 15 minutes prior to the starting tour time.
- There is no public transportation that goes to this location. We advise you to take a cab or rent a car.
"While you are there you should definitely have a lunch at La Fonda, the menu designed by Catalan chef, Ignasi Domènech"