- Explore Barcelona's best contemporary arts museum – a perfect respite from the heat
- See the permanent and temporary collections and around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onward
- Grab some gifts at the huge bookshop, known for its fun and quirky gifts designed by artists
If being confused by crazy art is your thing, you'll be comfortable in the mind-boggling MACBA. Head into Barcelona's huge contemporary arts museum and let your imagination unscramble both the permanent and temporary collections.
Art is a serious business at the mammoth MACBA, the big boss of Barcelona's contemporary arts scene. The permanent collection at MACBA boasts around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onward, across three periods – 1940s - 1960s, 1960s - 1970s, and contemporary.
In the new exhibition, A Short Century: MACBA Collection, take a chronological walk through their massive collection. With pieces dating from 1929 to the present, it lifts the lid on the history of modern and contemporary art from Barcelona's unique point of view.
It's minimalistic, cool (seriously! They know how to pump the AC) and packed with amazing art in all forms. Skip the line and spend those extra hours soaking up art in air-conditioned comfort!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Metro: L1 or L2 to Universitat and L3 to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bus: All lines to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bicing (urban cycling service in Barcelona): Station 059, Plaça dels Àngels
- FGC: All lines (Catalunya)
- RENFE (train): Plaça Catalunya
Backpacks go into the lockers as usual.
Tickets were very easy to purchase and download from Tiqets. No fuss.