- Explore Barcelona's best contemporary arts museum - a perfect respite from the heat
- See the permanent and temporary collections and around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onwards
- Grab some presents at the huge bookshop, known for its fun and quirky gifts designed by artists
This exhibition looks both inward and outward, asking how artists engage with the 'surface' throughout history. Beginning by scratching the surface of pictures, the MACBA takes the visitor on a journey through the possibilities and constraints of artistic forms, with dozens of works from the likes of Jean Dubuffet, Lucio Fontana, Dieter Roth and Antoni Tàpies.
If being confused by crazy art is your thing, you'll be comfortable in the mind-boggling MACBA. Head into Barcelona's huge contemporary arts museum and let your imagination unscramble both the permanent and temporary collections.
Art is a serious business at the mammoth MACBA, the big boss of Barcelona's contemporary arts scene. The permanent collection at MACBA boasts around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onwards, across three periods - the 40s - 60s, 60s - 70s, and contemporary.
It's minimalistic and cool (seriously! They know how to pump the AC) and packed with amazing art in all forms. Skip the line and spend those extra hours soaking up art in air-conditioned comfort!
- Permanent collection
- Temporary exhibitions
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: L1 or L2 to Universitat and L3 to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bus: All lines to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bicing (urban cycling service in Barcelona): Station 059, Plaça dels Àngels
- FGC: All lines (Catalunya)
- RENFE (train): Plaça Catalunya
The Tiqets' service however was more than amazing . Never experienced a faster and more satisfying reply.
Bravo Tiqets !