Tickets for MACBA
Boggle your mind at the best contemporary art museum in Spain
- Explore Barcelona's best contemporary arts museum - a perfect respite from the heat
- See the permanent and temporary collections and around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onwards
- Grab some presents at the huge bookshop, known for its fun and quirky gifts, some designed by artists
If being confused by crazy art is your thing, you'll be comfortable in the mind-boggling MACBA. Head into Barcelona's huge contemporary arts museum and let your imagination unscramble both the permanent and temporary collections.
Art is a serious business at the mammoth MACBA, the big boss of Barcelona's contemporary arts scene. The permanent collection at MACBA boasts around 5,000 works from the mid-20th century onwards, across three periods - the 40s - 60s, 60s - 70s, and contemporary.
It's minimalistic and cool (seriously! They know how to pump the AC) and packed with amazing art in all forms. Skip the line and spend those extra hours soaking up art in air-conditioned comfort!
Some of the exhibitions currently on at MACBA include:
MACBA Collection: Martha Rosler: God Bless America!
Feminist and political activist Martha Rosler offers videos, photos, installations and essays based on contemporary culture.
Forensic Architecture: Towards an Investigative Aesthetics
A look at public truth through the mediums of technology, architecture and aesthetics, and how these things can be utilized to confront propaganda and secrets.
Akram Zaatari: Against Photography. An Annotated History of the Arab Image Foundation
A reflection on the 20-year history of the AIF (Arab Image Foundation) by one of its founders, Akram Zaatari.
- Permanent collection
- Temporary exhibitions
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Monday to Friday: 11:00 - 20:00 (closed Tuesday)
- Saturdays: 10:00 - 21:00
- Sundays and bank holidays: 10:00 - 15:00
- Visitors can enter up to 30 min before closing
Address: Plaça dels Àngels, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
- Metro: L1 or L2 to Universitat and L3 to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bus: All lines to Catalunya or Liceu
- Bicing (urban cycling service in Barcelona): Station 059, Plaça dels Àngels
- FGC: All lines (Catalunya)
- RENFE (train): Plaça Catalunya
The Tiqets' service however was more than amazing . Never experienced a faster and more satisfying reply.
Bravo Tiqets !