Tickets for Gaudí's Crypt & Colonia Güell From Barcelona + Audio Guide
- Take a round train trip from Barcelona to visit Gaudí’s Crypt and the Colonia Güell
- Explore Gaudí’s best-kept treasure and discover the masterpiece that inspired the Sagrada Familia
- Walk through The Colonia Güell and experience the character of a classic industrial textile village from the late 19th Century
Visit Antoni Gaudí’s Crypt by train and learn all about his unfinished masterpiece, hidden in the 19th-century textile village of Colonia Güell. Grab a multilingual audioguide and discover the fascinating history and hidden secrets of this UNESCO-protected architectural wonder.
Take the train from Pl. Espanya FGC train station to discover the magnificent Crypt and Colonia Güell. To fully experience the site you'll get an audio guide that'll help you explore every beautiful detail.
The construction of Colonia Güell began in 1890, led by entrepreneur Eusebio Güell in the environs of Barcelona. In 1898 the architect Antoni Gaudí was commissioned to build the church of the Colonia. The construction began in 1908, but Güell’s death would set back the ambitious development.
Without financial support from Güell's family, Gaudí had to abandon the project, and the still church remains incomplete. Even though the project is unfinished, the church is a culminating point of Gaudí's works. For the first time, all of his architectural innovations are included in the construction, which in turn inspired the Sagrada Familia.
The Crypt was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Please validate your smartphone tickets between 08:00 and 13:00 at the ticket office at FGC Pl. Espanya train station (look for the orange sign)
- Go to the underground station and you'll find a box office named 'Montserrat'. Show your confirmation to get the tickets for the train to Crypt Colonia Güell
- Take the train line S33 or S8 or S4, stop Colonia Güell