Tickets for Casa Batlló: Skip The Line + Video Guide
Welcome to the Casa Batlló’s magical world, a site designed by Gaudi
- Visit Casa Batlló, one of Gaudí's most impressive works, with an insightful video guide to explain the distinctive features and elements
- This UNESCO World Heritage site is a favorite with locals who, due to its animalesque appearance, refer to it as Casa dels Ossos (House of Bones)
- The central well of the building has windows that are smaller at the top, and tiles that lighten in color on the way down, designed for an even distribution of light
Skip the line at the seemingly animated Casa Batlló, one of Gaudí's most surprising works (and that's really saying something!) From the smallest details in the interior, to the famous slain dragon on the roof, this is a true Gaudí masterpiece.
Gaudí's masterpiece Casa Batlló, located in the heart of the city, was built in 1877, as an apartment building. The wealthy Batlló family bought the complex in 1904 and knowing what a genius he was, asked Gaudí to build another in its place. Never one to do the expected, Gaudí instead decided to renovate the building. Today it stands out as one of the most emblematic works of the brilliant Catalan.
Gaudí worked without limitations and let his creativity run free. This resulted in one of the most poetic of his works - you can practically feel the magic as you walk about. He gave the original facade a wavy undulating shape, complete with fascinating little details. Part of it, by the windows, looks like the jaws or bones of an animal, giving the whole facade an animalistic, almost animated appearance.
Everywhere you look, there are thought-provoking notions, inspired usage of space, and iridescent color. Don't forget to look up. On the roof is a hump representing the dragon that was slayed by St. George.
With five distinct areas spread over more than 5,000 m2, there's a world of fascination awaiting inside Casa Batlló. And paired with the video guide, your appreciation of this remarkable building will be piqued.
- Video guide
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: L2, L3 or L4 to Passeig de Gràcia
- Bus: H10, V15, 7, 22 or 24
09:00 - 21:00, last admission at 20:00.