- Experience the Louvre's stunning new location on Abu Dhabi's Saadiyat Island
- See original works by Da Vinci, Matisse, Mondrian, Monet and more in a universal art museum that's arranged chronologically – so you can see connections linking people and cultures all over the world
- Explore a revolutionary building designed by Jean Nouvel – a floating city of 23 galleries, resting in the shade of 8,000 interlocking metal stars
How do you define luxury? For some, it's an extra hour of sleep on Sundays, for others, it's a solid-gold Ferarri with a special compartment filled with Cherry Bakewells. Luxury has taken a myriad of forms across cultures throughout history. See what constitutes as lavish, extravagant, opulent, and downright decadent in one of the world's richest art institutions located in one of the richest countries, the United Arab Emirates.
Showcasing 350 extraordinary objects considered to be of value, 10,000 Years of Luxury presents multiple narratives of luxury spanning millennia. From the sacrificial offerings of ancient civilizations to the exquisite finery of the French Court of Versailles, and the iconic couture of high fashion houses like Christian Dior, Chanel, Cartier, and Hermès, the exhibition will examine how different cultures have defined luxury throughout history. It serves as a mirror for society – how we imagine ourselves, and reflect on our latent insecurities.
Chivalry is dead, they say. Whether or not you agree with this sentiment, there's no denying the historical impact of knightly codes of valor, comradery, combat etiquette, and courtly love on our modern-day socio-political and cultural norms.
From the concept of Furusiyya in the East to chivalry in the West, this exhibition explores the ancient roots of knightly codes as they developed around the world. See what chivalry meant across the spectrum, from Iraq and Syria to France and Spain, in an exhibit of over 130 rare artifacts such as arms, armor, and manuscripts from the 10th up to the 16th century.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is a 'floating city' of culture, packed to the immaculately designed gills with some of the greatest art in the world. See originals by the likes of Da Vinci, Matisse, Mondrian, Monet and more in a mind-boggling 64,000m2 museum designed by legendary architect Jean Nouvel. It's east meets west in a groundbreaking gallery that's as much of a work of art as the masterpieces it contains.
Abu Dhabi's own Louvre dominates Saadiyat Island, with an instantly iconic design. The intricate girding of over 8,000 uniquely shaped metal stars comprise a giant domed roof, creating crisscrossing beams of light and shadow. The scale and audacity of the architecture rival Louvre 1.0.
Beneath, you'll discover a veritable village of 23 galleries, floating on a placid lake. Wandering the serene pathways is an experience in itself, but don't forget: there's legions of top-tier art awaiting inside. It's an embarrassment of riches.
Conceived as a 'universal' museum that's accessible to all, the collection is arranged chronologically, not geographically. This means you'll see works from Ancient Egypt alongside pieces from Europe and Asia, and you might spot a Van Gogh rubbing shoulders with small-scale folk art.
Celebrating the connections between people and cultures across the globe, the Louvre Abu Dhabi is an art museum in a league of its own.
Skip the ticket line and show your smartphone ticket directly at the entrance. Please note that you can't skip the line at the mandatory security check.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Public bus: Line 94, get off at Louvre Abu Dhabi stop (Saadiyat Island)
- Bus: Yas Express, Orange Route (Island Hopper) connects Saadiyat hotels and Yas Island hotels with the Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Orange Route stops: Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi - Rixos Saadiyat Island - Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas - St.Regis Saadiyat - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi / Yas Mall / Clymb - Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi / Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi - Yas Plaza Hotels - Yas Hotel Abu Dhabi - Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Orange Route departures: from stop #1 at 09:30, 10:00, 11:11, 11:47 & 13:00. From Louvre Abu Dhabi at 16:00, 16:45, 17:36, 18:21 & 19:14 (subject to change)
- Strollers & wheelchairs are available for loan in the main hall
- Prayer rooms can be found in the Forum (-1)
Louvre Abu Dhabi & Sheikh Zayed Mosque Tour from Dubai
See a priceless collection of art and one of the world's largest mosques
Louvre Abu Dhabi & Sheikh Zayed Mosque Tour from Abu Dhabi
See a stunning art collection and one of the world's biggest mosques