- Experience the Louvre's stunning new location on Abu Dhabi's Saadiyat Island
- See original works by Da Vinci, Matisse, Mondrian, Monet and more in a universal art museum that's arranged chronologically – so you can see connections linking people and cultures all over the world
- Explore a revolutionary building designed by Jean Nouvel – a floating city of 23 galleries, resting in the shade of 8,000 interlocking metal stars
In a world of megapixel cameras in every phone, it's easy to forget the profound impact that photography once had in shaping ideas about the world.
In this brand-new exhibition, Louvre Abu Dhabi presents over 250 rare photographs produced between 1842 and 1896. They represent some of the earliest known photographic images of the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
Discover this emotionally arresting voyage into a past, fraught with colonial overtones, voyeurism, and ideas we might now call antiquated. This exhibition sheds light on one of the most important technologies in human cultural history: the camera. See how this cultural recording device helped put together an early album of the world, more than 150 years ago.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is a 'floating city' of culture, packed to the immaculately designed gills with some of the greatest art in the world. See originals by the likes of Da Vinci, Matisse, Mondrian, Monet and more in a mind-boggling 64,000m2 museum designed by legendary architect Jean Nouvel. It's east meets west in a groundbreaking gallery that's as much of a work of art as the masterpieces it contains.
Abu Dhabi's own Louvre dominates Saadiyat Island, with an instantly iconic design. The intricate girding of over 8,000 uniquely shaped metal stars comprise a giant domed roof, creating crisscrossing beams of light and shadow. The scale and audacity of the architecture rival Louvre 1.0.
Beneath, you'll discover a veritable village of 23 galleries, floating on a placid lake. Wandering the serene pathways is an experience in itself, but don't forget: there's legions of top-tier art awaiting inside. It's an embarrassment of riches.
Conceived as a 'universal' museum that's accessible to all, the collection is arranged chronologically, not geographically. This means you'll see works from Ancient Egypt alongside pieces from Europe and Asia, and you might spot a Van Gogh rubbing shoulders with small-scale folk art.
Celebrating the connections between people and cultures across the globe, the Louvre Abu Dhabi is an art museum in a league of its own.
- Admission to the Louvre Museum Galleries
- Admission to the exhibitions
- Admission to the Children's Museum
- Admission to the public areas underneath the dome
Skip the ticket line and show your smartphone ticket directly at the entrance. Please note that you can't skip the line at the mandatory security check.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Public bus: Line 94, get off at Louvre Abu Dhabi stop (Saadiyat Island)
- Strollers & wheelchairs are available for loan in the main hall
- Prayer rooms can be found in the Forum (-1)
Louvre Abu Dhabi & Sheikh Zayed Mosque Tour from Abu Dhabi
See a stunning art collection and one of the world's biggest mosques
Louvre Abu Dhabi & Sheikh Zayed Mosque Tour from Dubai
See a priceless collection of art and one of the world's largest mosques
Very easy to purchase and download tickets.