- Get up close to 800 years of Dutch art and history with 8,000 objects across 80 galleries - including renowned masterpieces Night Watch by Rembrandt and The Milkmaid by Vermeer, plus fantastic temporary exhibitions
- The most-visited museum of the the Netherlands, the Rijksmuseum can have lengthy ticket lines. Our skip the line tickets get you in via the Fast Lane
- It's not just paintings - Rijksmuseum has sculptures, an exhibition of clothing and weapons, and one of the finest libraries you'll ever see. Even the passageway outside manages to be monumental!
This spring, the Rijksmuseum presents a special collection of thirty five life-size portaits by some of the great masters in art history. Depicting princes, aristocrats and other noble citizens, the exhibition features notable works by artists such as Cranach, Velázquez, Rembrandt and Manet on loan from the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Prado, Tate and Uffizi.
The Rijksmuseum has over 5,000 paintings (including Rembrandt's Night Watch), and an emphasis on the Dutch Golden Age. Its collection spans over 800 years of art history in a beautifully restored building. Located smack-dab in the heart of Amsterdam's Museumplein, the Rijks is an Amsterdam must-see.
The National Museum of the Netherlands, the Rijksmuseum recently underwent a ten-year, €375 million renovation. It's come out looking great - airy, bright and inviting. Plus, it's filled with more paintings and objets d'art than you can possibly absorb in an afternoon's ramble. Still, it's fun to give it a try.
There's a definite emphasis on the Dutch Golden Age - the 17th century period when Rembrandt, Vermeer and many other artists found fame, and occasionally fortune. The Rijksmuseum collection showcases art from 1200-2000.
The highlight is Rembrandt's Night Watch, also known by its much longer title Militia Company of District II under the Command of Captain Frans Banninck Cocq. Vermeer's The Milkmaid is another famous classic to be viewed here, but there are many other lesser-known, but equally intriguing works of art that provide a window into life in another time.
Another favorite - though under-rated section - is the weapons and ship models, with its exotic, ornate and even combat-used weapons.
The Rijksmuseum also offers an excellent multimedia tour app that can be downloaded straight to your smartphone. Check it out on the App Store or Google Play!
- 50% discount on 17th-century family guide books in Dutch, English, French and German (available at info desk)
- 请从“持票者通道（Visitors with ticket）”进入博物馆，在入口处向工作人员出示您手机上的电子票
Rijks, this busy museum's Michelin-starred restaurant, is one of the best in the city. It's open for lunch and dinner and, if the weather cooperates, the terrace is a lovely place to eat and relax.
Glad we did it
li ho utilizzati per andare al Riijskmuseum di Amsterdam.
I biglietti li ho fatti in treno e scaricati sulla mia email.
Non ho fatto assolutamente fila e sono entrato mostrando il codice a barre all ingresso.Il biglietto e' stato scannerizzato dal telefono e sono entrato.Tutto perfetto lo consiglio vivamente.