Amsterdam, 27 September 2022 – Today, Tiqets announced the winners for the 6th annual Remarkable Venue Awards (RVAs), which celebrates the best museums and attractions in nine countries around the world. Winners include Milan’s Duomo, Keukenhof, Casa Batlló, the Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Windsor Castle.
Today on World Tourism Day, the winners for Tiqets' highly coveted tourism awards were announced in nine of the world's favorite tourism destinations: France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, the UAE, the UK, and the US. More than 200 nominees competed worldwide across the seven award categories (Most Remarkable Venue, Best Museum, Best Attraction, Best Landmark and Best Onsite Experience, Best Hidden Gem and Most Innovative Venue).
From Barcelona’s Casa Batlló to Dubai’s towering Dubai Frame, this year’s winners represent the best the tourism industry has to offer. Here’s a sampling of this year’s winners:
The full list of winners, and more information about the Remarkable Venue Awards, can be found here.
The theme for this year’s World Tourism Day is rethinking tourism, a topic we consider almost daily in our mission to make culture more accessible. Each of the winners of the 2022 Remarkable Venue Awards showcases an industry-leading experience that is setting the standard for the future of tourism. We’re so proud to work with these venues and to be celebrating them with our award series.Laurens Leurink, Tiqets CEO
The selection of the winners is based on 1.1M+ customer reviews on Tiqets.com, with the exception of the Best Hidden Gem and Most Innovative Venue awards, which are based on applications evaluated by a panel of judges. Industry experts on the judging panel include Arival CEO Douglas Quinby, Viajes National Geographic Web Director Javier Zori, MuseumNext Founder Jim Richardson, and Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions Destination Development Manager Anouk van Eekelen.
Now that the Regional Winners have been announced, the next round of the Remarkable Venue Awards begins: the race for the title of Global Winner. All Regional Winners have been automatically entered into the competition to win the title of Global Winner in their category. To become a Global Winner, venues will have to be voted best in their category, which will be decided by a round of consumer voting between now and October 19th.
This year, the Global Winners of the 2022 Remarkable Venue Awards will be announced at the annual awards ceremony hosted at the Tourism Innovation Summit (TIS). Those who can't make it to Seville can tune in to the free livestream of the event.
For more information about attending the event, in person or online, visit: https://www.tiqets.com/venues/remarkable-venue-awards/.
The Remarkable Venue Awards celebrates seven categories of awards in nine countries worldwide. Since 2017, the awards have recognised museums and attractions in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. For the first time this year, the awards program will also include Germany, Portugal and the United Arab Emirates.
The Tiqets Remarkable Venue Awards were established to recognise and celebrate the best attractions and museums in the most-visited countries around the world. The first Remarkable Venue Awards ceremony was hosted in Paris and this year's event will be hosted at the Tourism Innovation Summit in Seville on November 2nd, 2022.
Tiqets’ mission is to make culture more accessible by making it easier for more people to discover more ways to culture. From the start in 2014, the company has connected millions of people to museums and attractions with instant, last-minute and mobile tickets. Tiqets works with both hidden gems and top museums and attractions all over the world.
The company is headquartered in Amsterdam and now employs 170+ people worldwide, including in Amsterdam (HQ) as well as Seattle, Las Vegas, Orlando, Philadelphia, London, Copenhagen, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Bangkok, Tokyo and Osaka. More information can be found on Tiqets.com.
- France: Puy du Fou
- Germany: TimeRide Köln
- Italy: Villa Gregoriana FAI
- Netherlands: THIS IS HOLLAND
- Portugal: Museu do FC Porto - Estádio do Dragão
- Spain: Athletic Club Museoa - Tour San Mamés
- UAE: The Yellow Boats
- UK: RHS Garden Wisley
- US: Filoli Historic House & Garden
- France: Basilique Cathédrale de Saint-Denis
- Germany: Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Italy: Galleria Borbonica
- Netherlands: Keukenhof
- Portugal: Castelo dos Mouros
- Spain: Castillo de Almodóvar del Río
- UAE: Qasr Al Watan Palace
- UK: Stamford Bridge - Stadium Tours
- US: SUMMIT One Vanderbilt
- France: Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Germany: Museum für Fotografie / Helmut Newton Foundation
- Italy: Interpreti Veneziani
- Netherlands: Nationaal Monument Kamp Vught
- Portugal: Ideal Clube de Fado
- Spain: Cova de s'Aigua
- UAE: La Perle by Dragone
- UK: Western Approaches HQ
- US: Musical Instrument Museum
- France: Chasseurs de Tornades (Parc du Futuroscope)
- Germany: Studio of Wonders
- Italy: Tempio del Brunello
- Netherlands: Our House Museum
- Portugal: Livraria Lello
- Spain: Mirador Torre Glòries
- UAE: Atlantis Dubai
- UK: Mercat Tours
- US: AREA15
- France: Le Klub Extraordinaire
- Germany: Schloss Augustusburg
- Italy: A World of Potential, The Home of The Human Safety Net – Procuratie Vecchie
- Netherlands: Escher in The Palace
- Portugal: 516 Arouca – ponte suspensa
- Spain: BIBO Park – Ibiza Botánico Biotecnológico
- UAE: The National Aquarium Abu Dhabi
- UK: Hidden London, exclusive tours by London Transport Museum
- US: Fotografiska New York
Note to the editors (not for publication): Media Kit