Tickets for Windmill Cruise Through Zaanse Schans
Learn about the amazing windmills of Zaanse Schans and see them from the water
- Board a boat and get the best views of the windmills of Zaanse Schans from the water, away from the crowded footpaths
- See and visit different mills, including The Young Sheep, The Cat, The Seeker, The Houseman and The Crowned Poelenburg
- Learn some Dutch windmill history with your audio guide and find out how the mills produced oil, tobacco, paint, and mustard
Nothing beats the traditional Dutch views you'll get from the water on this Windmill Cruise through Zaanse Schans. Learn about the mills from your audio and live guides, find out what they produce, from tobacco, to paint, to mustard, then hop off the boat and visit them!
Did you know that the area of Zaanse Schans was once home to over 600 windmills? Now there are far fewer, but your Windmill Cruise through Zaanse Schans makes visiting what's left easy-breezy.
Plug into the audio guide in your choice of language to learn all about the rich history of the Netherlands' most famous agricultural structures.
The five you'll see from the boat are The Young Sheep, The Cat, The Seeker, The Houseman and The Crowned Poelenburg. Learn how each was used for a different purpose, from producing paint by converting raw materials into pigments, to producing tobacco, oil and mustard, to roasting peanuts.
Hop off the boat after your tour and pay them a visit. You can even try some of those mill-roasted peanuts!
- Windmill cruise
- Audio guide
- Entry to the sawmill Het Jonge Schaap (if selected)
Scan you smartphone ticket at the boat.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Didn't use the ticket? For a full refund, contact our Customer Service anytime within your ticket's validity date
- Bus: RNet bus 391 from Amsterdam Central Station to Zaanse Schans stop, buses depart every 15 minutes
- Train from Amsterdam Central Station to Zaandijk - Zaanse Schans + 15 minutes walking