- Discover the world of Waterford Crystal, one of the oldest and most prestigious manufacturers of crystal glass in the world
- Go behind-the-scenes and see every step, from blowing the molten crystal to hand carving the final intricate designs
- Find the perfect souvenir in a gift shop that offers exclusive pieces by the master craftsmen you've just seen in action!
From the chandeliers of Westminster Abbey to New York's New Year's Eve Ball, you definitely know the work of Waterford Crystal, master craftsmen of world-famous crystal glass for over 200 years. This all-access behind-the-scenes tour shows you every incredible step that goes into creating these timeless works of art – cheers to that!
Starting in the 'blowing room' (no laughing in the back), you'll see how glassblowers shape molten crystal into vases, bowls, bulbs and more, using only the power of their own lungs – and a little help from a 1400°C furnace.
Next, you'll learn how Waterford handcraft their custom molds using traditional methods before the decorative team sketch their designs and cut impossibly detailed patterns into these fragile works of art. At every stage you'll witness the stringent quality control systems that require nothing less than perfection.
After seeing all this peerless craftsmanship, you might find it hard to resist the exclusive treasures waiting in the gift shop – the perfect memento of a fascinating experience!
- Guided tour and visit to all aspects of traditional crystal production
- Lunch and snacks at the Crystal Café
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Train: CIE or Railtours Ireland to Waterford
- Car: parking is available in Bolton Street Carpark (€1/hour)