- Descend into the hidden labyrinth of tunnels beneath Viterbo on this guided English and Italian tour
- Your guide will lead you through the ancient tunnel network and share its 2,500-year history
- See escape tunnels people used to flee during medieval sieges, and explore secret chambers used during WWII
The labyrinth under the city of Viterbo has seen its share of drama over the centuries. It is thought to date back to the Etruscan era, but we can say with certainty the tunnel network was used as a secret escape route during sieges or invasions in the Middle Ages. It came into use again during WWII, acting as an air raid shelter.
There are untold stories lurking in the shadows. Pluck up your courage and enter the darkness on this 20-minute guided tour around Viterbo's subterranean world.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket