- See the oldest and biggest treasury of all the churches of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- Spot a dove, a fish, a cross, an eye, and a triangle - all symbols dotted about the Treasury in The Church Heritage Museum
- See items crafted by Lithuanian goldsmiths and textile artists, and donated by rulers, magnates and bishops
The Church Heritage Museum is the only place to see the Treasury of Vilnius Cathedral, which was hidden in the wall of the cathedral for almost half a century! Step inside the mausoleum of the Sapieha family, and treat your eyes to masterpieces crafted by Lithuanian goldsmiths and textile artists.
The Treasury of Vilnius Cathedral has suffered a lot in its time. Valuable objects were burned in fires, secret hiding places became not-so-secret and were plundered by thieves, and the cathedral was raided by treasure-hunting enemies. The whole lot was hidden away on the eve of WWII and stayed in hiding until 1985.
Step inside and explore the oldest and the largest treasury of all the churches of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. See the items donated by rulers, magnates, and bishops - from crosses to chalices, to reliquaries and monstrances.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket