- Enter the Winter Riding School/Spanish Riding School for a unique show in the Renaissance tradition of the 'High School'
- See the graceful Lipizzaners performing, they're Europe's oldest breed of horse!
- Watch the horses in all stages of training, from young, boisterous colts to majestic stallions
Saddle up for one of the best horse-related performances of your life. Watch the Lipizzaners, Europe’s oldest cultural horse breed, in a special equestrian show in the unique location of the baroque Winter Riding School.
When it comes to intelligent mammals, the Lipizzaners would probably be some of the wisest. As Europe's oldest breed of horse, these beautiful horses are clever and boisterous, the result of Spanish, Italian and Arab bloodlines.
See years of training come together in a unique performance at the Winter Riding School. As one of the most dazzling venues in Vienna, it's also the oldest riding school and the only institution on the planet to have taught the Renaissance tradition of the 'High School' for over 450 years.
See young, energetic colts, and quieter, fully-trained stallions perform in the School Quadrille. It's an equestrian encounter like no other.
- Entrance ticket (standing room only) for a performance
- Tour of the building
Show your smartphone ticket at the Spanish Riding School Visitor Center.
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: U1 to Stephansplatz, U3 to Herrengasse, or U1/U2/U4 to Karlsplatz
- Tram: 1, 2, D, or 62 to Kärntner Ring
Lovely to see the love the riders have for their horses