- See the beautiful and lively Lipizzan horses in action as you witness their morning training in the stunning Spanish Riding School
- Enjoy a score of classical Viennese music as you watch man and horse work in perfect unison
- For those who love horses this is a must-see, and for those who love history - the Lippizan is Europe's oldest breed of horse
Experience the magic of the famous Lipizzan or Lipizzaner horses here at Vienna's Spanish Riding School. See the intelligent, lively Lipizzan horses in action as their trainers run them through the haute école or 'high school' of classical dressage - including their spectacular jump kicks. Watch 450 years of Lippizan tradition at work, as horse and rider take to the grounds, accompanied by classical Viennese music.
The Spanish Riding School is one of Vienna's most beautiful buildings, but what's inside is even more beautiful. This ticket gets you into the school to witness the training exercises the world-famous Lippizan stallions do with their trainers. You'll see soothing relaxation exercises (horse yoga?) as well as some of the more rigorous ones too.
You may even see some of the acrobatic School Jumps these horses are known for. They're not practiced every day, but you may get lucky. The whole experience is set to a score of Viennese classical music.
Originally bred by the Habsburgs to act as military steeds and royal mounts, these four-legged show-offs were once stabled in the courtyard of every royal household in central Europe. They're groomed to perfection, love to entertain, and know exactly how to enchant an audience.
With this mesmerizing morning experience you'll get to see some of the 'equestrian ballet' that makes the Lippizan, Europe’s oldest and most graceful horse breed, so revered.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the cash desk of any of the two main entrances
- Training last from 10:00-12:00, last admission is at 11:30. Your ticket is valid for the full 2-hour period. The recommended viewing time is between 10-15 minutes
- Please note that the Spanish Riding School can be busy during morning training, making waiting times longer than usual
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Metro: U3 to Herrengasse + 5 minutes walking. Please note you can also use the back entrance at Josefsplatz/Tor 2.
Spanish Riding School: Performances
Watch the Lipizzaner horses perform in the unique, baroque Winter Riding School
Spanish Riding School: Architectural Tour
A tour of 450 years of equestrian tradition and architectural elegance
Spanish Riding School: English Guided Tour
Get a tour of the world-famous Spanish Riding School in Vienna!
Spanish Riding School: German Guided Tour
Get a German-guided tour of Vienna's world-famous Spanish Riding School
Get to the riding school early to be sure of a seat. But where ever you sit you have a great view. It was a 2 hour performance where the horses exercise for half an hour in groups of 6 riders and horses. If you are a horse rider you'll just love the show, if not still interesting to watch and not necessary to stay for the whole 2 hours.